Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change open quantity to be billed after qty is fully invoiced

hussain_multhazim
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SD Experts

Once I invoice the total qty of a particular item it does not appear in the "Selection List" under VF01. Is it possible to keep the line item visible in the "selection list" even after total qty is invoiced.

E.g-

Order 1000    Material    Qty

Line item 1 -   AAA  -   500

Line item 2 -   BBB  -   500

Line Item 1 is fully invoiced for 500.

Now when I go again to VF01 and click in "Selection List" Line item 1 does not appear in the selection list since its fully invoiced. Is it possible to make it visible ? Hope the question is clear.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hussain,

From a configuration / technical point of view, in copy control (VTFA), at item level, field Pos. / neg. quantity make it blank.

Then the order shall always be open.

Side comment - Test this and decide.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hussain,

Many concepts could be linked to this thread (way of working of this industry)!

I have not worked in this industry so please help by commenting.

The electrical company which sells to the Developer (Builder) has the following options -

1. At the start of the contract, the developer should agree for a conservative estimate (say 1000 switches), thereafter if the electrical company has fitted more (say 1250) then another order and bill shall be created.

First electrical company creates sales order for 1000 > bill for 1000

Then during completion creates sales order for 250 > bill for 250

2. If electrical company creates a sales order and bill for 1500, at the start;

Then during completion creates credit memo request for 250 > credit memo for 250

3. Create a "quotation" at the start of the contract for 1400,

Then during completion, the electrical company knows the switches actually used (say 1250)

Creates sales order for 1250 > bill for 1250

hussain_multhazim
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your ideas. I think raising the proforma invoice initially for uncertified invoice and then raising the invoice for certification is the best thing to do. But my scenario is kinda different since the company wants to recognize the revenue as soon as the uncertifed invoice is generated. This is for their financial reporting purpose i guess. They didnt want the proforma invoice process.

So what I have done is when the uncertified invoice is raised it will update the cus rec and revenue account. Once the certification is given credit memo will be raised for t he required quantity. With the help of an ABAPER i manager to write a program to get the open quantity for each line item in the billing screen since raising an credit memo will not effect any qty.

The problem I have is, say line item 1 has qty of 100MM3, out of that first month 50MM3 is billed (uncertified), later certification confirms it for 45MM3, thus I raise a credit memo for 5MM3. So my open qty will be updated accordingly to 55MM3 ( open quantity will not be updated in any table, it will go through the document flow and just show how much open quantity according to the logic).

Next month uncertified invoice is reaised for 30MM3. Even the certification is given for 30mm3. Thus no need of a credit memo. 

The balance 15MM3 is completed in the following month. An uncertified invoice is raised for 15 and later the certification comes for just 10MM3.

Now my problem is once I invoice the 15MM3 the total qty has been invoiced. It wont appear in the selection screen again. The only option I can think of is cancelling the invoice in this particular scenario. Is there a better way to handle it ?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hussain,

In the above example - do you mean 15MM3 or 25MM3?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hussain,

This is an interesting thread!

Jignesh,

Thank you for the insight in to this industry!

Manoj,

Very good question! Thank you for your post!

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hussain,

As already explained by TW, once Full quantity  is billed, you can't get it again in the selection list

could you let us know what is the requirement behind getting Fully invoiced item in selection list?

regards,

santosh

hussain_multhazim
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Santoh & T W

This is for a construction company where first they raise an uncertified invoice. During this workdone qty will be updated. Once the certification comes I raise a credit memo to do the necessary changes in the workdone qty. The issue is in the last bill where once it is fully invoiced it cannot be reversed. Thus, in the business scenario once the certification comes I wont be able to do the changes in the system.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am aware of the uncertified & certified Invoice concept in Construction industry.

Is your Invoice Order releated or Delivery Related?

Go to your Item Category & maintain Billing Relevance as B - Relevant for order-related billing - status acc.to order qty

Thanks,

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Uncertified & certified Invoice concept in Construction industry

Could you please let me know more things about that statement .

Thanks,

Naren

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Naren,

Take an example of a 35 floors Residential Building. The developer (Builder) will give contracts to different companies to execute different functions. That is one company will be given to execute Plumbing activities. Another company will be given contract to execute Electricity fittings (Wiring, meters, switches, fans etc).

Now as this building is 35 floors, there will thousands of meters of wires to be used. Also thousands of switches will be used. Now Electricity work for all the 35 floors will not happen at one go, but it wil lbe done floor by floor exetending over period of couple of years.

Now how will the Electricity activity Invoice the Developer? Thus here is the concept of Uncertified Invoice, where the Electricity will present an Invoice to the Developer. The Developer's electrician will certify the quantities of the items in Invoice. (I mean if Invoice is created for 5,000 swtiches, 100 fans & 6000 meters of wires the electrician will verify & reduce the quantity accordingly).

Upon developers suggestion, the Electricity company will raise another (Certified) Invoice, which will be paid for.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jignesh for sharing this info of the said industry. Thanks Sukant

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Thank you so much on this.If this is the case ,how,we will map this requirement / process in sap ( transaction wise ) ?

Thanks,

Naren

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Naren,

The client had implemented SAP Project Systems & the WBS element number was entered in Purchase Order & Sales Order.

The Invoicing was Order releated Billing & first we created Proforma Invoice with reference to Order. later, once the quantity in Uncertified invoices were approved, we created Certified (FInal) Invoice, which was posted to Accounts.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

0 Kudos

Hello Jignesh,

Thanks for all the information provided.

Is the certified(final) invoice created with reference to proforma invoice ?

If few items were reduced in proforma invoice during inspection, where it is captured ?

Do they create another order with certified items and then create the final invoice ?

Thanks in advance,

Manoj

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hussain,

Because bill has been done completely that is why this line does not appear in the selection list!

Why do you want it to appear (even after complete billing is done)?