Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging files into 1 file without BPM

markbernabe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

The source system will send n (n>1) XML files all having the same format to an FTP directory over a certain period of time. Then at a specified time, PI will poll the directory, merge all files into 1 big XML file, map and transform it to CSV and lastly, send to the receiver FTP directory. Is this possible without BPM?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I have another option you can also look at this if possible at ur end.

you need to divied this into two scenario

First pick that files and put them in local folder using NFS  and do FCC and create .csv file and use Append mode while writing the file.

Then in Second scenario just do file to file bypass scenario without ESR and put that file in ftp.

Regards

Gagan

markbernabe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Gagandeep! I will try this. Btw, would you know if there's a filename in the XML messages sent thru Proxy? Say it's from ECC-PI, are there filenames in the messages coming from ECC that can be read by PI?

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes Mark, You can go for dynamic configuration for that:

Regards

gAgan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

This theme was discussed in this thread http://scn.sap.com/message/14345901. May be any answer could help you.

Regards.

former_member742571
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Resource content is archived , can you help with any other Document .

I have a scenario where in need to merge multiple files received from SOAP webservice in 1 single XML file.

markbernabe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In addition, the source to PI is via Proxy. If that complicates things, then we can make it via FTP instead.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark

In oder to collect source files, you need to wait for a certain period of time or a certain number of file count.

In oder to accomplish this you need to use BPM.

markbernabe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Indrajit,

Thanks. Is there any guide on how this can be achieved?