cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPRS no account assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have one billing document, in the document flow, I only see sales order and accounting document, but in accounting document, there is only revenue account being posted with 1000 USD, in the billing document, I can see revenue 1000 USD, cost 300 USD (VPRS).

but in VPRS, it is statistical, no GL account assigned. and in the document flow, there is no  delivery, may I know where in sales order or billing document, we can identify it is a order -related billing or delivery related billing ?  also if it is order related billing, does it mean COGS account will not have any accounting document posting?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jolin,

we can identify it is a order -related billing or delivery related billing ?

Go to VA03, the sales order, at item level, tab Status -

Ord related billing -

Delivery related billing -

does it mean COGS account will not have any accounting document posting?

When a condition type is marked as statistical, the value of that condition type does not populate in the accounting document.

This you can see in tab Conditions, in the sales order.

So if the value shall populate in the accounting document, is a different concept than order related or delivery related billing.

Side comment - In the sales order, check what are all the Tabs. It shall help in understanding how nicely SAP has arranged the information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert, for order related billing, should VPRS condition value during sales order, billing be updated with zero?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jolin,

For these type of questions take a practical example!

Repair of TV -

A company which provides this service, does not have any delivery (no movement of goods). Thus document flow is

Sales order > Billing

For this service is the cost (VPRS) zero? No!

Thus for order related biling the value of VPRS shall not be zero in the order or in the billing document.

Because VPRS is a statisical condition type, the value of cost shall not populate in your accounting document.

VPRS is also important to derive (calculate) the profit. (this can be seen in the sales order and the billing document).

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

For order related billing, should VPRS condition value during sales order, billing be updated with zero?

That statement doesn't make sense to me. Why we need VPRS with zero in sales order ? what is the purpose of that if VPRS is zero in sales order ? just think yourself on this .

If any condition type is statistical then we dont get that condition types into accounting as well as into net value of documents .

Kindly ,let me know if you have any doubts on this.

Thanks,

Naren

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As rightly said Mr.Naren I would like to add few points..

While creation of Billing document it will consider the fallowing factors

Billing relevance in filed in VOV7  based on this field it will fetch what is Order related Billing /Delivery related  Billing type assigned in VOV8 for the respective order type.

if you want to identify the reference document in Billing level go to VBRP-VGBEL

if you are dealing with Normal items apart from service related then try to create Delivery document check the goods issue document you will find the COGS account.

Regards,

Krishna.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

May I know where in sales order or billing document, we can identify it is a order -related billing or delivery related billing ?

Go to VOV7 transaction ,check pricing field is relevant order delivery and go to VOV8 ,see there order related billing and delivery related billing types.

also if it is order related billing, does it mean COGS account will not have any accounting document posting?

It means system can only accept orders documents into billing level ( VF01 ) not with delivery documents.In this case,there is no delivery document involvement thats why you don get COGS accounting.

Kindly ,let me know if you have any doubts.

Thanks,

Naren