cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in batch char through QA11, even though MIC is not maintained in task list

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have observed an strange behavior in SAP & would like to know the actual reason behind.

We have a MIC (M1) which is linked to class characteristics (C1). This MIC is maintained in several task list and everything works fine from updating the inspection results to batch values and others.

Now the case is that M1 is not assigned to the task list of a Material class, let say Mat1 and value for C1 is updated in the batch characteristics though production order configuration. Since the M1 is not assigned to task list, so it is obvious that same is not available for result recording also.

But in one case, value for C1 got changed for a batch of Mat 1 and after analyzing this, in MSC2N change documents, we found that value for  C1 was deleted from QM user id through QA11 transaction.

How could this be done?  User is simply doing RR, UD and stock posting without getting involved with this MIC or Class characteristic in any way. User is not authorized for using MSC2N and also shown transaction is QA11, which is for UD. Besides, this is only one case in thousands. Im afraid this might repeat therefore looking for a possible reason and resolution.

Kindly suggest all possible reasons for this behavior of batch.

Regards,

ntn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got the reason after searching my old consultant and consulting him. Actually he had developed a Z table in which certain characteristics were maintained as per the class. Characteristics which were maintained against a Class must have a value coming from QM (I don't know what was the reason or requirement), but the MIC was not maintained in task list of the material assigned to this class. 

As a result, system showed the value deleted from QM transaction.

This was part of certain testing from PP module and this batch became victim of this testing part.

No bug in the SAP system. Sorry to bother you guys.

Regards,

ntn

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Strange...

Is there any followup action in UD code ?

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Yes it is strange. Because there is no follow up action in the UD code and not even a small enhancement of any kind.

Regards,

ntn

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would like one more fact, if it is of any significance. This batch was updated just after a week of Go-live. Do this have anything to do with this error/bug?

Because, what I know if the MIC is not assigned to respective task list, it cannot make any change in batch values through QM TCodes anyhow.

regards,

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Nitin,

There could be two possibilities ,either direct change ro through MSC2n.

Best way to analyse this is to run AUT10 for specific date & check.

This will give you some idea how and who had made the changes.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Thank you providing this T code. I used it for the first time but again, it shows the details which I have already mentioned. That a value is changed by X user using QA11.

Shall I conclude that this might be a bug and won't repeat?

Regards,

ntn