Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thai Smartform Printing and PDF

dp_prasad
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We wanted to Print a Thai Smartform( Some texts or in English and some in  Thai ). Also to generate a PDF for the same smartform.

We have uploaded the AngsanaNew Font using RSTXPDF2UC  as per note 999712.

Thai charecters hardcoded in Smartform with smart style  Thangasana are printing/PDF correctly. But  , problem comes with some values that comes from SAP tables when they are Thai  & English Mixed. English charecter/Number when used as Thangsan Style are not working.

Ex: Material Description is a mix of Thai + English + Numberic values.

Attached the PDF output screen shots.

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alexander_bolloni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

when using Thai forms and PDF conversion, ensure that the SAP font family you are selecting in your form (via paragraph/char string formatting from smart style) is THANGSAN. Only in this case will the Basic Latin text in your PDF also be formatted with the (Latin portion) of the Angsana New font.

From the screenshot you gave I assume that the SAPfont used is not THANGSAN but might be a Western font like HELVE, COURIER, TIMES.

Be sure to use a device type that supports THANGSAN font, which I suggest should be SWINCF (which supports many scripts/languages) or, if only Thai is needed, you may also use THSAPWIN or THSWINU.

Best regards,

Alex

dp_prasad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply.Im currently using the THANGSAN to print " Thai Charecters" , So there is no issue in printing & PDF for thai cahrecters. but if the text contains Thai & English charecters, English text is compressed in the PDF as shown in my earlier attachment.

Info:

We have installeed Angsana new font and

activated( RSTXPDF3) the option USE_CASCADING,TH_VISTA_FONTS.

We are using Thagsan Font to print Thai characters using Device Type

THSWINU,

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use report RSTXPDF3 to activate the option FONT_ADJUST_POSS. See SAP note 1873156. This should resolve the issue with the EN characters.

Regards,

Aidan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please, see Note 488810 - Determining the device type for a certain language

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo