SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best merchandise category design !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

as we know we build the MCH to meet the customer's business requirements, one of our customers want to make the MC by brands...

which mean if he has 30 brands and two MCH we will build 60 MC

the customer Adheres to his opinion because most of  promotions and store design done by brands, he has no problem to maintain many MC..

do you think this is an efficiency way or there is an other solution

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What I feel that if we have too many merchandise categories, it will be difficult to manage the master data for them. We had a same situation where the client was insisting to include brand in MCH.

Brand field generally comes only for Fashion articles in Basic data screen. So what we did is we enhanced article master and brought Brand field in Basic data for all material types and made it mandatory. Now since the Brand is available as one of the attribute of an article, we can create promotions and layouts with brands.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Amit

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What I feel that if we have too many merchandise categories, it will be difficult to manage the master data for them. We had a same situation where the client was insisting to include brand in MCH.

Brand field generally comes only for Fashion articles in Basic data screen. So what we did is we enhanced article master and brought Brand field in Basic data for all material types and made it mandatory. Now since the Brand is available as one of the attribute of an article, we can create promotions and layouts with brands.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

ty ... can i use this field also in stock report like mb52 mb5b

0 Kudos

Hi,

As per standard it want be there in stock report, but you can enhance the standard report. But please note that enhancing the standard report will have an impact on performance.

The main reason not to include Brand in MCH is due to their dynamic nature. Today they have 30 brands and tomorrow there might be few new brands.

Alternatively, you can suggest them to prefix the Brand with article number and in all standard reports put XY* for specific brand.

I hope this will help.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

I totally agree with you, but what i am afraid from that their most report need to group by brands, then i will need to enhance most of their report

and the other feature of retail (replenishment & MAP) they will need it by brand

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, but most of these processes can be executed for articles which can be mentioned by brand prefix. I think only reports may not have the Brand field in selection, other all other processes have enhancements for customer field which may be useful.

There are multiple processes where there are fields hidden from selection screen. You can go in advance selection and brought these fields into main selection fields.

Regards,

Amit