cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound Proxy debugging

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am working on File -> PI -> ECC 6.0 (ABAP Inbound Proxy). We wrote a program in ECC side which includes calling the class and its method of the interface.I am able to successfully process the message in SAP PI and ECC as well i.e. I can see successfully processed message in PI and ECC. Now the problem is that we found that its not updating the table.

To debug the inbound proxy, I went to Tx SPROXY and went to the particular interface, Menu -> Test -> Pop up Select the option -> Generate Request Template and then uploaded the correct payload.

1. After executing and performing Execute Committing , I am not able to see any PI messages in the ECC integration engine (Tx SXMB_MONI).

2. We have called the interface class and its method (Export parameter ) in the report itself not in Tx SE24 ( not inside this method ).

I tried to put the break point at Class in the report and while executing the test payload from Tx SPROXY , its not being called.

Do help in this issue.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rebecca,

1. After executing and performing Execute Committing , I am not able to see any PI messages in the ECC integration engine (Tx SXMB_MONI).

You should to enable the message monitoring in your ECC endpoint. Check Michal Krawczyk's blog http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2005/05/10/xi-i-cannot-see-some-of-my-messag...

Another way to debug it's to persist the inbound data. You can create Z tables which store the data and in this way to check if the incoming data is correct. Later you can test the proxy code followin Raj's suggestion.

Regards.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rebecca,

After executing the proxy, you can use the commit work option which will update the required tables.

I think you are not supposed to get the messages in SXMB_MONI as execution of inbound proxy will directly process through the program, you get the message displayed in MONI of ECC when you actually receive the data into ECC from PI system.

Also you can use the testing style as debugging >> debugg method after selecting the proxy test button.

For commiting the work you can go to Extras>>commit work.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai,

If you have experience in ABAP then very easy otherwise take help from ABAPer.

http://scn.sap.com/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/07/28/xi-debug-your-inbound-abap-proxy-implementati...

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

I referred the above link before posting the discussion but was not helpful to point 2 I raised.

Since I dont have much experience in ABAP and I need to give input to consultant, my querry regarding point 2 is that whether I can insert the same logic written in the program (shown below )and replace the bold code inside the method at Tx SE24.

FORM read_proxy_xyz.

TRY.

CREATE OBJECT gcl_xyz.

CALL METHOD gcl_xyz->zprxinbii_si_xyz_ib~si_xyz_ib

EXPORTING

input = gs_xyz_ib.

ENDTRY.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. one option - try with external break point.

2. cross check the payload your entering for testing.

3. Provide us the response you got after pressing F8.

Br,

Avi