cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update of content fails with error "An unexpected error has occurred" after planned SCN maintenance

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SCN team,

another nasty issue occurs after implementing "more improvements" on SCN at 6th October. I am not able to update any content anymore (like discussion posts, etc.). It fails with error "An unexpected error has occurred" after waiting a minute or so. Creating new content works without any issue.

I am afraid of any SCN update in the last time .. at first login with Safari is not working anymore and now updating content on SCN does not work anymore

Regards

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

By 'update' do you mean editing the existing content or posting a reply/comment to the content?

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

yes, please check the posted HTTP Fox trace from above or try to edit your post itself. You should notice that issue as well. HTTP error code 500.

Regards

Stefan

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Stefan, Jason  - I got this same error message too - a rollback error when trying to edit a discussion.

This morning...

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks for that. 

My colleagues tested this just now and was able to do it.   I was having some strange issues but everything started working again about 10 minutes ago.  We think the issue has passed and would like to ask you to try editing a thread again.

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

yes, i have tested it with several threads. Working fine now ... pretty strange

Regards

Stefan

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

One less mystery in life...

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy - Hope you can confirm the same (working now). Let me know if the problem persists for you.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Because I added another thread, I don't see the edit button (or perhaps I am not seeing well today)

I'll take your word for it, Jason, that it is fixed

Thank you for the fast response

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

here is a "HTTP Fox" trace of editing this post http://scn.sap.com/message/14413129#14413129 for example.

Regards

Stefan