Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SSO on Linux Server.

former_member312761
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I planning run an integrated login domain (SSO) on the server SAP ERP ECC 6.0 EHP 6.0. Application Server is a SUSE Linux, DB - Oracle, therefore, I have a few questions.

1 SAP is users use in different countries and different time zones. Everyone is connected to one controller AD. Does it matter that they are in different time zones?

2 So far I running SSO on servers based on Windows, which means that SAP services run on domain users - SAPServiceSID, SIDadm. If I plan to run SSO on a Linux server, the SAP application server should also work for AD users - SAPServiceSID, SIDadm?

3 What should I do on the SAP server to configure SSO?

Regards,

TS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193518
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tomasz,

Apologies if I have misunderstood your question.

I think you are asking if the Linux install of SAP will be able to use the Windows AD to authenticate the <sid>adm and (maybe ora<sid>) O/S users.

In the Linux environment, you will not have a SAPService<SID> user.  So this is excluded.

The <sid>adm user and ora<sid> user can be a user from a Directory Service (like Windows AD), but this must be configured at the Linux O/S level, before you install SAP.

You will need to speak to the O/S administrator or spend some time on Google to find the instructions for connecting your Linux server to a Windows domain.

SAP just requires that the user accounts work.  It is not worried about how they are provided.

Hope that provides some help.

Darryl

former_member312761
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Darryl,

Thanks for your help, I have a few questions.

I have an ERP system based on SUSE Linux and Oracle DB. I would like to start SSO on already installed system, if this is possible - "but this must be configured at the Linux O / S level, before you install SAP"?

Did time zones domain users (AD), have any meaning ?

Regards,

TS