Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Async/Sync scenario using Standard Adapter modules

sugata_bagchi2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My scenario is - File - XI-SOAP Synchronous.

I have used the standard RequestResponseBean and ResponseOnewayBean for this purpose to achieve the sync response message from SOAP and writing it to the FTP using another receiver file adapter.

But I found same strange behavior of the sender channel in the audit log base on the module key positions.

1. When I used the below module processing sequence, which is actually the correct one  I am not getting any response file written in the FTP.  It is throwing an error in adapter -  Error: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Application response can not be send using the call method.

2. When I am using the below processing sequence of module , though the response file is written in FTP directory but still there is an error in the Adapter and the source file is not getting archived. error in adapter  -  Error: java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.lang.Object.getClass() of an object loaded from local variable 'obj'

I am on

PI7.11

Service Pack: 04
Release: NW711_04_REL

Request your input here.

Thanks in advance

Sugata B

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your configuration seems correct. I want you to try without adapter type and adapter namespace in the module configuration and see if that helps. Rest of the configuration is valid. It should work in your PI version 7.11

sugata_bagchi2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

Thanks for your input. But still no luck. I am receiving the same error in the adapter.

Another thing I need to know, do I need to maintained the QoS in the sender adapter as BE or EO?

Currently it is EO.

Please share your thoughts

Thanks

Sugata B

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your sender is file adapter and it should be only EO.   I think some problem with the bean module ... You might want to check the sap notes regarding this. Though you get the error, but still you get the response or write the content in ftp receiver section... Are you using udf or any mapping logic that causes this error...?

sugata_bagchi2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

in IE the messages are  processing fine and  also getting back the response from SOAP.
could you please if I should apply this patch as per note -  0001261159  ?

Thanks

Sugata B

sugata_bagchi2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

added the log from NWA -

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sugata,

I have done this design with both file and JMS adapters on PI 7.0 and they work well and should work well on 7.1.

If I remember this design, there is sychronous OB and inbound interface and an asychrnous inbound interface. Hope you have followed that. Also in one of the channels, a busiess system is maintained.

I suggest you go through the entire design again and see if you have missed a step.

Cheers,

Ambrish

sugata_bagchi2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ambrish,

I have created the configuration as you mentioned. But please let me know why do we require an async inbound interface?

Thanks

Sugata B

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need sync interface for both outbound and inbound.  You dont need async interface.

Please refer this link for this

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=69331

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos