Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to refresh POWL queries for Travel Management in Production environment

prakhar_prakash
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I would like to know that how we can refresh POWL queries in Production environment for better end user experience.

I got to know that we can user report POWL_D01 to clear cache for the queries, but would like to know how we can handle this report in Production environment.

Appreciate your assistance.

Thanks,

Prakhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To refresh POWL Queries for Travel Application management you can check the SAP note : 1542417.

Also POWL_D01 is used clear user specific personalization, i.e. user could have maintained some selection criteria in the POWL.
In case you want to delete that you can use the report POWL_D01.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Mayank

prakhar_prakash
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

Thanks for your reply.

We are on EHP6 and using ABAP webdynpro, I believe SAP note : 1542417 is not for esage in EHP6

Thanks,

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Please check the value maintained for "REFRESH TYPE" for the below Queries in tcode POWL_QUERY:

FITV_POWL_TRIPS_CCC

FITV_POWL_TRIPS_EXP

FITV_POWL_TRIPS_EXP_PENDING

and any other relevant Queries.

Please maintain the value of Refresh Type as “On Every List Visit” instead of Manual only.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mayank

prakhar_prakash
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

By maintaining the parameter the query refreshes but the issue I am facing is that for example , query - FITV_POWL_TRIPS_EXP pulls the list of trips for the past 12 months after the refresh even after maintaining parameter 002_ALL .The workaround I found is to delete the Cahe using report - POWL_D01 after which the refresh works fine to pull all the list of trips.

Not sure how to handle this report in Production.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

By running POWL_D01 is the issue resolved permanently for that user?

If yes then you might need to run the report for all the users, but i recommend testing this in dev/test system for a few users.

In case you require to run this report in production system then just to update you this report will not ask for any Transport request.

You will have to run this report directly in production for applid "FITV-POWL-TRIPS" and for user *.

Depending upon the number of users in the system it might take a lot of time to complete.
(You might also get time-out dumps sometimes, in that case you will have to execute the report again)

Regards,

Mayank