Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong GL picking although Account Key assigned to Pricing Procedure

vijay_srivasttava
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created separate Sales Document type and Pricing Procedure separately for Warranty Sales scenario, but I am unable to integrate to Warranty Sales GL account.

My analysis shows that, in account assignment, there is Domestic Revenue in Sales Order. The Account Assignment group in VKOA are as follows:

01  Domestic Revenues

02  Foreign Revenues

03  Affiliated Comp Revenues

04  Bhopal Revenues

Do I need to create a separate Account Assignment group for Warranty Sales as well?

In VKOA, I have created a new account key for warranty and assigned the warranty sales GL in VKOA T-code against the warranty account key. Also, the same is assigned as Account key in the Pricing Procedure for Warranty Sales.

0101ZWR400210

01- Doemstic Revenue

01- Trading Material Group

ZWR- new Account Key (Warranty Sales)

400210- Warranty Revenue GL account

After posting billing in VF01, the accounting document creates Normal Sales Revenue GL credit instead of Warranty Sales GL account.

Please suggest, how to correct this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the G/L Account posting from a billing document is not functioning as expected, then you need to check your pricing procedure what Account Key is assigned for the pricing condition type and ensure that for that Account Key, the correct G/L Account is assigned in VKOA.

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay,

May we know what was the issue (cause)?

After posting billing in VF01, the accounting document creates Normal Sales Revenue GL credit instead of Warranty Sales GL account.

vijay_srivasttava
Participant

Hi,

Surely I will share with you how I resolved this problem.

There was issue with Document Pricing Procedure to Order Types and Pricing Procedure Determination.

I created the relevant Document Pricing Procedure to Order Types to the correct order type. Also, the relevant Pricing Procedure was assigned with the combination of Sales Org, Distribution Channel, Division, Document Pricing Procedure, Pricing Proc and Pricing Condition Type.

Define Billing Type

Assign Invoice List Type to each Billing Type

After completing the above configurations, system was recognizing the correct GL.

Thanks for all your help.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay,

You have highlighted that the Pricing procedure determination was incorrect!

- That means in pricing too you might have had issues (some unwanted pricing condition types could populate in the sales order! due to incorrect pricing procedure)

- The new account key ZWR you had created for the new procedure, that was not getting "called" because of using a different pricing procedure.

As I had mentioned, for account determination issues, SAP has provided "Analyis" at billing document level. This can be of great help.

Revenue account analysis; VF03, Environment > Account determination analysis > Revenue account

You talk about correcting the configuration of Billing type. What did you change in that?

Apart from Account determination procedure assigned to the billing type, was there any thing else?

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay,

It means ,your FI guy would have maintained normal sales revenue account in VKOA for that account key .Please sit with FI guy and ask him about this .If you really want this to post to Warranty then ask FI guy to maintain Warranty sales g/l account for that account key.

Kindly, let me know if you have any doubts on this.

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Naren,

From my understanding, the creation of Account determination "condition records" in VKOA is done by the SD consultant and not the FI consultant.

After the FI consultant has create the required G/L account (for Warranty) his work is over and the rest of the steps in Account determination is the work of the SD consultant.

Note - From Vijay's post it is clear that the new G/L account for Warranty is created.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TW,

Tell me on thing ,in your company ,are you maintaining G/L accounts in VKOA ?

How do you know ,which G/L account is for what and their purpose ?

Note: My FI guy is maintaining G/L AC in VKOA in my company .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Naren,

Yes, I have maintained the records in VKOA.

Case 1. If the account is already created (and existing) -

The business conveys that the requirement (for these materials or customers; the values of price should go to XYZ G/L account).

Then my job is to see how I can determine the G/L accounts for those materials or customers; which condition table can be used etc. etc.

Finally after designing the solution, I maintain in VKOA - the CAAG, MAAG etc. with the G/L account given by the business.

Case 2. If G/L account is not yet created -

The business specifies that a new G/L account is needed for a particular process or requirement....

The FI consultant creates the G/L account.

He then conveys me the G/L account number.

I maintain the record in VKOA.

Side comment - SD consultant design the account determination, therefore he/she is the right person to create the records in VKOA.

He/she would need the G/L accounts, for that the collaboration with the FI consultant is needed.

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do agree with TW, Even in my previous client we( SD consultants) used to maintain records in VKOA. FI consultants created the GL accounts as per requirement with coordination FI consultants we used assign the respective GL accounts to the required combination.

thanks,

Srinu.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay,

Please paste your (new) pricing procedure, which shows the account key.

If account key is newly created, then the amount should go to the G/L account set in VKOA. The probable reason why someother account is getting determined is that a condition table other than (CAA gr/MAA gr/Account key) is getting selected.

This could be because of the sequence of tables, in the access sequence.

Paste the Revenue account analysis; VF03, Environment > Account determination analysis > Revenue account

Also paste the access sequence (let us see the sequence of the condition tables)

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

In VKOA are you maintaining multiple combination condition table or all the Account determination in a single table like 1 - Cust Grp/Mat Grp / Acc Key.

Please check it once and try with new test data.

If still problem exists do share with screen shot.

Thanks,

Suman$