cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We're using Sybase IQ for ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear community.

Sales telling us that  Sybase IQ have more than 2000 installations (or clients) around the world.

Who we are? What instalaltion we have? What for?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only 3 real customer around the world?

>, including SAP Sybase IQ, which has over 4,500 customer installations.

http://global.sap.com/news-reader/index.epx?category=ALL&articleID=22057&searchmode=C&page=1&pageSiz...

Where are all of this customers)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately for SAP, they have been pushing HANA exclusively which still has numerous bugs and issues to include costing a fortune! Secondly, from a skill set perspective. With the exception of Sybase ASE which has lost market share considerably ,  Businesses are using or migrating to Oracle or SQL Server because that's where the growth is and the skill set is.  From a personal  career perspective, I'm  taking my SQL Server Cert in two months and plan to leave the SAP/Sybase environment for good! I have been a DBA using ASE/Rep Server/IQ and ASA for 12 years and have seen nothing but the job opportunities diminish. I thought after SAP acquired Sybase, they would have invigorated the product but after 3 years it appears otherwise! Good Luck!

0 Kudos

Hi Mikhail/ Jeff –
We may have had some growing pains after the acquisition, but SAP appreciates and understands the importance of the Sybase products and is moving towards further integration and support of the Sybase software with SAP Data Management that clearly defines SAP IQ for Enterprise Data Warehousing with the focus of the SAP HANA Platform being OLTP and Real-time Analytics for classic EDW-Datamart scenarios. 

In addition, SAP is investing heavily in IQ as an integrated companion to SAP HANA for warm data management alongside SAP HANA for real-time hot data processing.  This will allow HANA to extend its reach at an affordable price point, and HANA-IQ to become a native Big Data platform for SAP customers. If you add the great integration of IQ with Hadoop, now you have a full tiering of data, from hottest to least accessed, without having to copy data from Hadoop to IQ to HANA and back again.  Look at what other vendors are offering and you will see SAP has invested a lot of engineering time, thought and effort to make the integration of Hadoop, IQ and HANA easy and elegant for our customers. 

SAP IQ has actually had an amazing year – winning the Guinness World Record for Fastest loading of Big Data; being named a leader in the new Forrester Wave: Enterprise Data Warehouse, Q4 2013 - thanks to SAP “finding its data mojo in SAP HANA and SAP IQ to support broader Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) use cases”. And, IQ was ranked #1 in the TCP-H Benchmark Report  for price/performance, non-clustered 3TB.  R&D investment continues for IQ going forward as we plan some innovative features in 2014 that will be valuable for IQ as a standalone analytics database, as well as a vital component of the SAP HANA platform.

And, while I personally, as the Product Marketing Manager, would LOVE for all IQ customers to be members of the IQ SCN Community, alas many are not. But, I am happy to steer you towards some of our recent success stories with SAP IQ – check out Emirates NBD, LandesBank Berlin AG, Mozzart, and Minacs. It is also important to mention that SAP needs to respect our customers’ confidentiality, so while we run the majority of Wall Street, the SEC and many other high ranking US and Global offices we are unable to discuss them publically.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Courtney.. Very comprehensive and excellent response

Former Member
0 Kudos

US Coast Guard uses Sybase IQ 15.4 ESD#2 on LINUX 8-core, (94 GIG Memory) single-plex. Our current Database size is 6 terabytes and queries run in the seconds on 100 million row + tables!

Former Member
0 Kudos

IQ users - where are you?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Norwegian Financial Services

Started using Sybase IQ 12.4.3 in 2002.

DB Size  - 2 TB

OS - Linux RHEL 6.0, Sybase IQ 15.2 ESD2. 8 core Multiplex

Will migrate to IQ 16 in H1 2014.

Happy with the product, but have hit 1 or 2 bugs w/complex query plans.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Russian biggest non-food retailer.

Using Sybase IQ as DWH from 2006. All kinds of data from front and back office.

DB Size - more than 3TB.  The biggest table is more than 7 Billons. (Stocks)

Sybase IQ - 15.4 ESD3

OS - Solaris x86,

Intel Xeons - total 14 Cores.

Updated: Multiplex (2 nodes).

Planing to move IQ 16 in H1 2014.