Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP(sync) to SOAP(sync),File(async) Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement where in

Sender is a SOAP (sync) -> Receiver1 is a SOAP(sync)

Receiver2 is a FILE(async)

Requirement here is as follows :

(1) Sender makes a SOAP request call to Receiver1 , Receiver1 will return a response back which is sent back to Sender

(2) Simultaneously , Sender SOAP request call needs to be written to an FTP server (flat file). There will be no response in this case

My query is how to deal with this Sender -> Receiver2 scenario in one iFlow/ICO .... Can we handle the complete scenario without using Netweaver BPM ??

Regards

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Can we handle the complete scenario without using Netweaver BPM ??

No, this requires BPM.  One sync and another async target (receiver) system is not possible without BPM.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

to solve your requirement. you need a ccBPM to manage the two sync communication and the send to the file adapter.

beside you will handle alerts, exeption handling and deadline to manage efficiently your ccBPM.

i dont sugguest to go for the JAVA alternative because there are many thing to consirer when developing like the point i comment you before.

that depend if your company allow the use of ccBPM or not.

Regards

Rodrigo

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Though Sync async scenario is possible without bpm. Here your scenario seems different.Since you have two target systems one for async and another for sync and need to send from the single sender sync system. if you use soap to file to SOAP,  the state of async (target) is mediated as sync to the soap (target) system.  That is not your requirement, I guess. That's why I mentioned it is not possible without bpm.  Hope I understood correct.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Your scenario could be done without BPM in a Sync/Async scenario with the correponding adapter modules RequestOnewayBean and NotifyResponseBean. Henrique Pinto explains in his blog http://scn.sap.com/blogs/henrique/2007/08/02/syncasync-scenarios-without-bpm a howto guide with a RFC - FILE -RFC scenario that is similar than yours, if you could do your scenario with SOAP - FILE - SOAP approach.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay

The only possible way to do that would be

create a java mapping for the request mapping. Inside the java mapping you need to populate the flat file and then use FTP to transfter the file to the server. To use FTP in java mapping you can use the below code

import sun.net.TelnetOutputStream;    

import sun.net.ftp.FtpClient; 

String HostName = "HostName";

String FTPDirectory = "FTPDirectory"; 

String Username ="Username";  

String Password = "pwd";  

FtpClient client = new FtpClient();  

client.openServer(HostName);  

client.login (Username,Password);  

client.cd(FTPDirectory);  

TelnetOutputStream out = client.put(your filename);  

out.write(your actual data);