cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

product view

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

What could this mean when things own a minus sign .....i persume there is some kind of shortage from receipts side,minus sign is indicative of it.but by any amount of reasoning i couldn't get how this 2.70- (2.70 minus)   arrived at..guess reasoning out product view itself is a  science.What it could be ? please let me have some light on it.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_malpani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

You are right. Negative sign is an indicator of supply shortage.

In my opinion, the decimal digit imply fraction of day. -2.70 would mean that there is demand at Current date and time - 2.7 days

Regards,
Ravi

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

OK the stipulated demand for the day is X ,then the system saying -2.7 days means ,-2.7 days worth of demand needs to be added so that the demand X is neutralized.Is my perception rite ? In essence I do not want the - and the red light to glow.on the screen

ravi_malpani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Instead of demand for the day you can say it as demand as of today is X & the first receipt (to neutralise this demand) is available in system is after 2.7 days.

To get rid of the red light plan a receipt of appropriate qty. before the date of the demand

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

Got your point ravi....i will put this way....the demand as of today is 100 but there is only 93  the remaining 7 will be created by the system or me after 2.7 days,but if i want to get rid of it now itself then i need not wait i can create a receipt and neutralize it.

Thanks ravi..nice of you

Answers (0)