Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: Homogeneous System Copy & DB Refresh

former_member216430
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need some clarifications about System Copy and Db Refresh Method. We have DEV -> QTY -> PRD  Servers. Now our plans DR Server Preparation, I recommeded System copy Method direct take Development system copy and Production offline backup I have we need to restore through DR server. Production Server down time is there, thats why I recommended this method, QTY server and PRD cluster Environment configured, our server

environment Details.

SAP ERP: 5.0

DB: ORACLE 10.0.2.4.0

System copy method which tool we need to use, my sap 5.0 version, pls provide us some information regarding for the same.

system copy Related SAP NOTES, Because finally name changing process also is there SID,HOSTNAME, NUMBER, SERVICES, this process we need to use SAP RENAME TOOL is possible. how to use this tool.

Any reference SAPNOTES also give us.

Warm & Regards

SAP Basis Admin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As far as, i understand your question, you want to prepare DR server by restoring production backup. You can follow homogeneous system copy guide. You can find system copy guide on http://service.sap.com/instguides and based on your system version, you can download system copy guide.

You can use db specific or export/import method to do this system copy. You need not to use separate tool to rename.

Thanks,

Sunny