cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Request for v17: universal backups

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently you can restore backups of IQ only on the same endian.  What I would like is the ability to restore on a different endian.  Ideally, this would mean a backup of data in a universal backup format but if not, then the restore should convert the endian-ess as needed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Courtney,

Seems to be need to have  own Sybase IQ branch on ideas.sap.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yet another SAP website?  ugh..  why can't we have it in one place?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason, Mikhail,

Yes, you should be able to submit ideas/requests related ti IQ on ideas.sap.com. If you hit any issues, let us know.

Thanks

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Andrew.  How can we link to an idea so people can see it without having to register/login to ideas.sap.com?  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

You should be able to post a link to the idea, but I'm afraid that you will need to login to be able to access it.

Feel free to raise any questions regarding the new ideas place at :

http://scn.sap.com/community/about/blog/2013/03/15/co-innovating-the-future-with-sap-idea-place

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

does ideas.sap.com replace calling up techsupport and asking for a feature request?  In the past, we just had customers add their company/name to the feature request and bug their sales rep.  I'm wondering how we can externally promote a feature request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

To formally raise a new feature request you are still required to log a case/incident with tech support. You should be able to promote it externally via ideas.sap.com. Yes, to escalate a feature request you should go via your sales rep, this is different from escalating a product defect which can be escalated via tech support.

I hope this helps

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks again  

Do you happen to know if someone needs a support contract to create a feature request case?  I know when it was Sybase, anyone could log a feature request case.

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Yes, I remember there was a way for anyone to log enhancement requests, but there was no guarantee that it would get visibility from Product Management.

For customers migrated to SAP Service Marketplace, I suspect that thay will need a support contract.  At one point, we may start asking customers to use ideas.sap.com to raise feature requests (as is done for other SAP products such as B.I).

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

At the moment, I would suggest raising any new feature requests for IQ via ideas.sap.com - so that other customers can comment and vote on it.
If you need a formal answer from SAP (e.g. whether or not the Feature Request exists or is planned), you could raise a new Case/Incident, although note that Support does not escalate Feature Requests, and this option may change in the future.

I hope this answers your question.
Kind regards,
Andrew

Answers (0)