0 Kudos

Hello,

We have the following system configuration:

Windows 2008

MS SQL 2008

ECC 6.0 EhP6

SAP NetWeaver Gateway 2.0 SP7

UI add-on SP5

When GW was SP06 and UI add-on was SP4, I was able to configure the UI5 launch page to start successfully. Tiles for SAP Fiori applications would appear for our demo user based on the PFCG roles assigned. However, once GW was patched to SP7 and UI add-on to SP5, we see the following error in the Chrome developer trace when we go to the launch page:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error) http://clklabvm29.lab.clockwork.ca:50000/sap/opu/odata/UI2/PAGE_BUILDER_PERS/Pages('%2FUI2%2FLAUNCH_...

1. 2013-10-04 12:09:42 Error in OData response for GET "/sap/opu/odata/UI2/PAGE_BUILDER_PERS/Pages('%2FUI2%2FLAUNCH_PAGE')?$expand=allCatalogs/Chips": HTTP request failed Details: In the context of Data Services an unknown internal server error occured - {"requestUri":"/sap/opu/odata/UI2/PAGE_BUILDER_PERS/Pages('%2FUI2%2FLAUNCH_PAGE')?$expand=allCatalogs/Chips","statusCode":500,"statusText":"Internal Server Error","headers":[],"body":"{\"error\":{\"code\":\"005056A509B11ED1B9BF9F46AA8E82ED\",\"message\":{\"lang\":\"en\",\"value\":\"In the context of Data Services an unknown internal server error occured\"}}}"} sap.ui2.launchpage.PageBuildingService sap-ui-core.js:41
  2. 2013-10-04 12:09:42 Error occured: Error in OData response for GET "/sap/opu/odata/UI2/PAGE_BUILDER_PERS/Pages('%2FUI2%2FLAUNCH_PAGE')?$expand=allCatalogs/Chips": HTTP request failed Details: In the context of Data Services an unknown internal server error occured -  sap.ui2.launchpage.Home.controller sap-ui-core.js:41

In /IWFND/ERROR_LOG, we see the following error:

..ERROR_INFOThe system tried to insert a data record, even though a data record with the same primary key already exists

In the application log for this error, we see the following:

@5C\QError@2Exception of type CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB has occurred. See details for more information@16\QDetail exists@

/IWFND/CM_LOGGING006
@5C\QError@3Exception of type CX_SY_NO_HANDLER has occurred. See details for more information@16\QDetail exists@

/IWFND/CM_LOGGING006
@5C\QError@4Exception of type /IWCOR/CX_DS_INTERNAL_ERROR has occurred. See details for more information@16\QDetail exists@

/IWFND/CM_LOGGING006

In the details for the CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB error, the entry says "The system tried to insert a data record, even though a data record with the same primary key already exists."

We have asked one of our developers to look into the code to find where the error occurs. Does anyone have any advice on where to find the program where the exception is thrown?

I've checked in SCN and SAP notes using the term UI add-on and CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB but have not found anything.

I've also gone through the blog post by Masayuki Sekihara (http://scn.sap.com/community/mobile/blog/2013/07/08/sap-fiori-ll07--common-mistake-for-launch-page-s...) and aside from applying SAP Note 1899518, the other notes could not be implemented.

One thing we can try is to restart the Gateway and ICF services. If that doesn't work, does anyone have any other troubleshooting suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Doug,

Fiori apps were built with SAPUI5 SP04 - 1.12 version.

You have updated SAPUI5 to SP05, SAPUI5 version is now 1.14. There are some issues.

Please apply the note Note 1896986 - SAPUI5 update to version 1.14.2

Regards,

Masa

SAP Rapid Innovation Group - RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Thanks for the reply. This note was implemented when we were running into these issues but did not fix them.

Are there any updates planned for SAP Fiori so that they will work with UI5 SP05? If so, do you know when they will be released?

Doug

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Doug,

I recommend you to create a customer message in SAP Service Marketplace.

It must be some downward compatibility issue.

Regards,

Masa

SAP Rapid Innovation Group - RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Masa, I have opened the message with SAP.

jos_sarmento
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Douglas!

Have you gotten any response from SAP?

Best regards,

José

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

SAP Support is looking into it right now. Will post again once I have a response/solution from them.

jos_sarmento
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Douglas!

There's a new update of SAPUI5 to SP06.

Notes:

Best regards,

José

former_member184598
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing the same issue, did you find any solution?

former_member192417
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saumil

Please refer the blog I have posted in scn.

http://scn.sap.com/community/mobile/blog/2013/10/24/lessons-learned-sap-ui5-add-on-sp05-issue-with-t...

Thanks

Debraj Roy

Rapid Innovation Group (RIG)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP's response was that this was an issue with our system and the problem occurs from /UI2/CL_CHIP_CATALOG_CACHE->SYNCHRONIZE_CACHE( ). The solution was to invalidate the cache. Not sure exactly what this means but I wonder if it's from this page in SAP Help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_uiaddon10/helpdata/en/e6/60db2f0bed4cdcba4ed586a1cbf654/content.htm

I am trying to confirm but have not received a reply yet. At least the launch page works now!

Edit (Nov 5): Formal response from SAP is "Currently there is no official method to invalidate cache. The method, which I used, is not released to customer."

So at the end of the day, the solution is to open a message to SAP and let them access your system to fix the issue.

Doug