cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importance of category field in Planning Area Adminstration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone explain the importance of Category mentioned in Planning Adminstration.

When we go to planning area display mode ---> Select Keyfigs Tab --> Goto Details.. There we can see every key figure is attached to on category group and category.

Please correct me if i'm wrong.

I understood the purpose of category group that when we load the data in Interactive planning, key figure reads all the catgories and aggregates the data.

Please answer the following questions.....

Then what is the use of category mentioned beside the category group? If i dont mention the category in planning area, what will happen?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jagadeesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

the category in the PA admin is the order category created by SNP as a result of planning or by entry into this field.

This in addition to order type specifies how SNP planning results are written into liveCache

category group on the other hand is what is read from the liveCache and displayed

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadeesh,

Depending on the ATP Category defined for the keyfigure, an order of the same ATP Category will get generated when planned by system or manually (entering data in Interactive Planning and then saving). If there are keyfigures where Category is not maintained it means planning will not create an order. You cannot update them manually either.

Thanks,

Somnath