cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager Reporting does not report all Incidents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone

I am configuring ITSM to produce reports required by my client. Whilst I am getting reports out, I am battling to reconcile "open incidents' as reported when using "Solution Manager Reporting" to open incidents reported by the generic Search.

It seems that some statuses do not pull through to Solution Manager Reporting.

Has anyone encountered this and, more importantly, resolved the problem?

Any help would be appreciated!

Regards

Rob

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member541232
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rob,

I am facing similar issue wherein SLA warnings are displayed in incident search.

Although difference here is that these are wrong warnings and does not match actual SLA warnings.

I have an open thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3425635 for my issue.

However I will be happy if these SLA warnings and escalation status vanish from incident search

As we do have IRT / MPT status column which displays correct values.

Please do let us know if you find a solution !! I will keep eye in this thread.

Thanks.

AD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ash

Actually I found the problem. I have logged a message with SAPAGS, as I thing there's a bug with "Status" filter.

I eventually got around it by using "Exclude Range", rather than "Exclude Individual" status value. Applying that, my Reporting now balances with Search results.

With BW Reporting, I found that one had to swap out the standard "S*" transaction types with Z transaction types in the Filter Variables (right click on the context menu and select "Variables".

I know it's a little cryptic, but let me know if you need me to do a more detailed guide.

Regards

Rob

former_member541232
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

I would really appreciate your efforts if you could provide detailed explanation, as I am little lost about 'exclude range' and 'exclude individual'

Thanks,

AD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ash

Sorry - been a little busy

I have attached an additional screenshot that will hopefully clarify what I mean by using "Exclude Range" as a filter.

When you run "Solution Manager Reporting" (I run it from Incident Management Workcenter), you get the selection screen

This presents a selection screen on which I only select "Status Analysis" (in the "Analysis Type" block. I then execute it without any limitations (as I use the display variant on the next screen to filter for specific statuses).

When the results are returned, I now define a Display Variant (where the results are filtered to only present what I'd like to see). This is done by going into "Change Layout" screen. It is here where the filters are specified" - see next screenshot:

You will see from the image that I excluded two ranges. If I use the "Exclude Single Values" filter and specify each of the status values in the Confirmed and Withdrawn range of values individually, I don't seem to get the same results as when I use "Exclude Range".

Hope this makes sense?

Regards

Rob

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Standard report works. Do you mean your status is not appearing even though its available in TJ30.

Can you please elaborate more.

Regards

PK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PK

If you look at the screenshot  supplied above (from Incident Search), you will notice that the highlighted item status is "Customer Action MPT Warning". When you double click the item, the status in the assignment block is "Customer Action" (sans the 'MPT Warning").

In Table TJ30, I have a "Customer Action", but not a "Customer Action MPT Warning" status. It seems that these are the records that are 'missing' i.e Incident Management Reporting don't report them as open items, resulting in a difference between the numbers of "open incidents" as reported by Incident Management Reporting and Incident Search.

I hope this clarifies it?

Regards

Rob