Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

operation mapping - fault

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

I have a synchronous interface with request and response message.
The response message will be of message type RES.

For error messages we receive different message structure in response.That will be of Message type ERRRES.

Can, Operation mapping - Fault mapping section can be used for it.
Whats d purpose of it. What d meaning of fault message in synchronous interfaces ?

rgds

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The fault message is used for exception that arise in the backend, for example RFC module handles the exception structure, also java with the use of Try, Catch for example.

remember, is not used for error message like (NO CLIENT  COULD BE FOUND)  it is used when an error arise en the execution of code

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If Req message A goes and Response message B comes then we have a request mapping for A and response mapping for B.

Sometimes for the same scenario response message C comes. Can we use fault mapping for C ?

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You only can use it if the C message is an exception  message.

all others response messages must be considered in the response mapping.

Regards

Message was edited by: Rodrigo Alejandro Pertierra

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Exception message means what here..can u pls explain exception msg wid any example which u hv..

Can't we use C message and do mapping.

thx for reply.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>Exception message means what here..can u pls explain exception msg wid any example which u hv..

This fault message type is used to capture all the application error messages. For example you send the field value in payload  which has invalid data or length size does not match.. The SAP system side while it process your message found the problem and not able to process. During this time the server side send the response such as " Unable to process the message due to invalid data that comes in the field ex zipcode"  as the response message in the fault message itself.   The response pi will capture and pass it to the sender system as fault message response.

Note; This is not intended to use for system  error  messages such as socket or connectivity or server level exception.

Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

Is there any way to suppress these message in PI 7.1.   . in case hundreds of message  failures with " APPLICATION ERROR " status in Intgration Engine, Can we avoid the message failures in PI.

Thanks,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

IMO, your target structure should be a superset of RES and ERRRES. then you can map RES to response and ERRRES to fault message structure. this should complete the procress and you can avoid message failures in PI.

please also check the link below:

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1495458

Ambrish

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

RES is mapped to the datatype A which is sent to customer.

ERRRES (fault message type) is also mapped to datatype A which is sent to customer.

The ERRRES is sent by different application to PI and structure is different from RES.

In Operation mapping ,under fault - msg map for ERRRES is called.

The Problem i am facing in 7.31 is that, whenever ERRRES is coming After mapping it shows empty payload in PI. Its not going thru fault mesage mapping. What could be the reason ?

Rgds

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Difference is response structure and actual payload is the only reason it could happen.

Ambrish

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you sure that the message that reachs to PI is TYPE Exception?

also the DT defined in PI is type Fault Message Type?

Other possibility is the structure that reachs is different than the modeled. check this by copying and pasting the structure that reachs to the Message Mapping (FAULT) and check if there is error when test the mapping.

Best Regards

Rodrigo

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The scenario is HTTP to HTTP. Its a synchronous interface.

The response which PI is getting is working fine.It sends message in RES format.

When any error is there at receiver side, receiver sends message in ERRRES format.

For this i have create fault message and did fault mesage mapping and called it in Operation mapping.I copied and tested the mesage mapping.

The issue is the ERRRES format is exception for PI or not ? I am still not clear on Exception messages.

Regards

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A synchronous interface cannot have response from different systems.

You mention that RES is sent by receiver 1 and ERRRES by a different application (>>>>>The ERRRES is sent by different application to PI and structure is different from RES.)

You are yet to respond to my suggestion that both the RES and ERRRES should be in a superset message type.

I am confused about your design. I suggest you share a pictorial view of your design.

Ambrish