cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI 7.4 features

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor

Hi Experts,

Can anyone tell me about the new features of PI 7.4 and difference between PI 7.3 and 7.4?

Regards

Bhargava krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP NetWeaver 7.4 is optimized for SAP HANA. It enables the use of SAP HANA as the underlying database and facilitates the optimization of applications for SAP HANA. It also includes new and changed features for the Application Server ABAP, connectivity, UI technologies, Business Warehouse and security.

You can find all changes and upgrades here: http://goo.gl/haNcXe

On the left is list of all support packages (4 right now).

When you click on them - there are list of all changes, upgrades and improvements with description.

saisreenivas
Participant
0 Kudos

the question is regarding SAP PI. not SAP NW.

Answers (11)

Answers (11)

subhro_de
Active Participant

Good question Bhargava - was looking for the same information . From the release notes I could find that abstract interfaces are now supported in BPM in PI 7.4 - please find the link below

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw74/helpdata/en/e3/fe96cbf3b64e91b38bb9dedf97540b/content.htm?frameset=...

If someone can provide a consolidated list - it would be helpful.

Regards

Subhro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

In SAP PO 7.4 we really do have dual stack (ABAP+JAVA) and in use and available??

Regards,

Rajesh PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am new  to SAP PO. Our current project is using SAP PO 7.4 (single stack). Could you please help me find any Developer Guides/Useful links which gives the main differences while designing and configuring interface scenarios?

Thanks,

Tiji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is 7.4 going to be Java stack alone?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthigeyan,

PI 7.4 supports both dual as well as single stack(Java only) installations. However the way forward suggested by SAP is lone Java stack.

Regards,

Sriram

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthigeyan,

PI 7.4 has available the two kind of installations: Javar or Java+ABAP.

Regards.

monikandan_p
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karthi,

PI 7.4 has both Java alone(single Stack) as well as dual stack based upon your current scenario or based on your requirement.

If you go for Java alone(Single stack) ,Incase you have any BPM scenarios you need to install additionally SAP Netweaver BPM with this.

If you are using SAP PI  7.1 dual stack and then migrate to PI 7.4 single stack you need to redesign your configuration scenario to Integration migration I,e Scenario migration

Special features in SAP PI 7.4:

1. Can use SAP HANA

2. Can view Synchronous payload

3. IDOC_AAE and HTTP_AAE adapter

4. User defined search for monitoring

5. For Sender Proxy you can use SOAP adapter

6. IDOC monitoring status.

7. Message status details

Best Regards,

Monikandan.

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
If you go for Java alone(Single stack) ,Incase you have any BPM scenarios you need to install additionally SAP Netweaver BPM with this.

Hi, its not mandatory to install BPM additionally option 2 will help us.

Option 1:

you can choose to install AEX which has all the PI functionalities however missing BPM and BRM

Option 2:

You can choose to install the SAP Process Orchestration Package from the optional units.

refer below blog for more details

If you plan to migrate from dual stack to single stack and if you have ccBPMs involved then install set up brand new PO box then use migration tool for normal interfaces and redesign the ccBPM to NTW BPM

Thanks

Bhavani_Baisani
Participant
0 Kudos
monikandan_p
Active Participant
0 Kudos
sunilkumar7984
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Went to Tech Ed in Amsterdam - 7.4 is optimized for HANA - this is the only improvement over the latest 7.31 patch release.

So there is no need yo upgrade unless you want to use HANA

Cheers

Colin.

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the update.. any update please let me know..

Regards

Bhargava krishna

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargava,

The key benefits of SAP NetWeaver PI 7.31 and 7.4 are

- New installation type Process Orchestration (PRO) combining Java only PI deployment option Advanced Adapter Engine Extended (AEX) and SAP NetWeaver Business Process Management/Business Rules Management

- Support for central Enterprise Services Repository (ESR) for multiple PI domains

- New message-based alerting on Java

- Eclipse-based tools (in NWDS) for ESR and Configuration, latter so called Integration Flows

- Logging of synchronous messages in the adapter engine

- Enhancements of the Java IDoc adapter

- Runtime improvement via large message queue on the adapter engine

- Directory Content Migration tool to migrate classical configuration objects to Integrated Configuration (as of PI 7.3 SP9, 7.31 SP7. 7.4 SP2)

- Support for parameterized mappings in Integrated Configuration and Integration Flows

- Support for extended receiver determination in Integrated Configuration and Integration Flows

Cheers

Agasthuri

subhro_de
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargava,

You may want to take a look into the link/video below :

http://scn.sap.com/community/process-orchestration/blog/2013/08/16/whats-new-in-process-orchestratio...

Regards

Subhro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

AFAIK 7.4 sp3 is equals to the 7.31 SP8...

Note SP8 is last release of 7.31...after that 7.4 SP's will get released...

Features as already explained installation available with HANA database for PI.

HTH

Rajesh

katjun
0 Kudos

Very good mate!

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Bhargava,

I havent seen this version yet, but i read here that SAP PI 7.4 runs with SAP HANA.

Regards.

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

please share the details, when you got it. i tried in SDN, but didn't found anything.

Regards

Bhargava krishna