cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO created instead of PR in Backend during Shopping Cart creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When user creates a Shopping Cart with Preferred Vendor , the system tries to create a PO instead of PR. Because of this the Shopping Carts are went "Error in Transmission" status.

I checked all our confirguration settings in SPRO. It looks fine.

Could you please help me to sort out the issue?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member216093
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manimala,

From your description of the issue, I could get that on SC, vendor partner function is 39 (preferred vendor) and not 19 (Fixed Vendor). Even then the system is trying to create PO which is going into error. Also, I could understand that you wish to create PR in the backend ECC system if the preferred vendor is mentioned and within SRM you don't allow user to choose fixed vendor (PF 19).

If the above process is correct for you, please check the following customization:

IMG> SAP SRM> SRM Server > Cross Application Basic Settings > Define objects in backend system

Option-2: If you want to change the preferred vendor to fix vendor within SRM boundaries there are other options also like:

1) Using Sourcing within SRM

2) Enable workflows for completion step

Please don't forget to award points as appropriate.

Regards,

Ravi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo/Ravi/Konstantin,

Thanks a lot for your response.

I have checked all our confriguration settings. Its all fine.

For your kind information,PO is created instead of PR for Preferred Vendor Shopping Carts in very RARE & RANDOM cases.It is unpredicable.

We are unable to simulate the same kind of scenario again . Hence i'm unable to find the Root cause.

When i tired to create a New Shopping Cart with Preferred Vendor as same as the OLD ERROR Shopping cart , it works fine. It created a PR at the Backend successfully.

In such cases, Could you please advise me how to proceed with my analysis further?

Regards,

Manimala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manimala,

Could you pls check if any valid contract exist with that Preferred vendor.

Best Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Thanks for your reply.

The Preferred Vendor has vaild contract.

Actually there is a Shopping cart created with four line items using Preferred Vendor.

Here first two line items went in error, since it tries to create a PO instead of PR whereas the rest two line items created a PR successfully without any error.

So the problem is doesn't exist with Vendor. I'm confused now:(

Any other clues are most welcome.

Regards,

Manimala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manimala,

Can you check in RZ20 what error you are getting for the first Two line items ?

Best Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

No Error messages are triggered realted to this issue in RZ20 transaction.

Recently we received one more Shopping cart (Preferred Vendor) in Error for the same reason.

But this Shopping cart has three line items using same Preferred Vendor. The First two line items are in error since it tired to create a PO instead of PR whereas the third line item has posted the Backed document PR successfully.

Apart from price, there is no difference among the line items. So i guess either the SPRO configuration settings or the Vendor should not be the cause for the probelm.

Anyone has any cluse about this??...please share with me...

Regards,

Manimala.

ricardo_cavedini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Note 1173815 describes the opposite, but you can take some hints on how to debug this.

Regards,

Ricardo

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manimala,

I think you should activate sourcing for shopping carts w/o source of supply.

Regards

Konstantin