cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Cost Center at Billing Level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we create sales orders with cost center or internal order and there are transferred to invoice. Sometimes users forgot to enter cost center or internal order so accounting document gets an error that GL account requires CO object. Than we have to cancel invoice and sales order and create new one with correct CO object.

Is there any way to change Cost Center or Internal Order on invoice if accounting document doesn't exist, so we don't have so much additional work?

Kind regards,

Duško Šorak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please, see the recommendations by SAP in Note 898356 - Cost center is not copied to the billing document

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to thank you all for your useful replays.

We will try to implement logic that checks if order exists if internal order in order reason is selected. So we can still retain consistency in sales order and invoice. I'll transfer this to my ABAP team.

Best regards,

Duško

vinod_vemuru2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would better suggest more standard way. You can assign default cost center to combination of fields sales org., distribution channel, division and order reason in t-code OVF3. When ever you change/select the order reason, default cost center changes automatically. If user want different cost center, that can be entered in order. Manual change in order has higher precedence than default one.

I really doubt if cost center can't be edited in billing document as data would be copied from sales order during creation only.

Thanks,

Vinod.

former_member184966
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dusko,

You will enter the value in Cost center field, But you to create the screen variant in T Code SHD0.

This may help you to solve your issue.

with best regards

Anand Kumar KS

alejandro_mejias
Active Participant
0 Kudos

you can set-up cost center or internal order to be part of  the incompletion procedure of the sales order?

thus the order cannot be invoiced if it is incompleted

ova2 tx.

best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately not. Using cost center or internal order depends on Order reason. If we use Order Reason - Cost Center we enable field Cost center in document header. Until then, this field is hidden. This could be possible only if we can implement logic that we have to enter cost center if order reason Cost Center is selected, or we have to enter internal logic if something else is selected in order reason.

One additional question, is it possible to somehow change order reason if invoice is created and accounting document isn't?

alejandro_mejias
Active Participant
0 Kudos

"Unfortunately not. Using cost center or internal order depends on Order reason. If we use Order Reason - Cost Center we enable field Cost center in document header. Until then, this field is hidden. This could be possible only if we can implement logic that we have to enter cost center if order reason Cost Center is selected, or we have to enter internal logic if something else is selected in order reason."

You can implement this logic in ABAP form USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAP USING US_DIALOG program MV45AFZB for instance.

"One additional question, is it possible to somehow change order reason if invoice is created and accounting document isn't?"

I don't know. let me check it.

alejandro_mejias
Active Participant
0 Kudos

"One additional question, is it possible to somehow change order reason if invoice is created and accounting document isn't?"

Yes, transaction MASS ,

Buss.obj BUS2032.

Select order Header.

Press Fields tab and select order reason

Execute Select the orders you want to change.

Put new values and save

Former Member
0 Kudos

This changes order reason in sales order, but it doesn't update order reason in invoice. Problem is how to change order reason in created invoice.

former_member184966
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope nishu advice works.

Regards

Anand Kumar KS

former_member211635
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dusko,

You can edit the document in vf02 --> double click on line item --> Item detail tab --> enter cost center in account assignment data

Alternatively, just as a workaround, if you have significant line items, then you can enter cost center in cost element master data (ka03) which are going to be impacted in billing document. Once done you can remove it

Thank You

Nishu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishu,

thank you for your answer, but unfortunately it's not that simple, in VF02 fields Cost Center and Order are gray and cannot be changed. Is there any customizing settings so we can enable changing cost center an order for invoices that don't have accounting document?

Kind regards,

Duško

former_member211635
Contributor

Hi,

I am not sure why its not editable however please check note 301077 which lists user exists for interface to accounting

Populate field ACCIT-KOSTL from exit EXIT_SAPLV60B_004 and see if it works

However the simpler option will be to default cost center in okb9 settings or setup cost center in cost element master data (ka02)

Thank You

Nishu

daniel_cunha1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This field is not editable.

There is some FM?

Best Regards.

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi daniel.cunha1

Please do not post to old threads. If you have a question, it helps to post as a new question, if your query is not answered from SAP community search.

Specifically on your query, you might want to look at t code OVF3.

Thanks & Regards

Sanil Bhandari