cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error on SAP NW 7.4 INSTALLATION ON HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I'm trying to install a SAP NW 7.4 ON HANA DB.

My landscape is

AS ABAP ON W2008 R2 64

HANA on SUSE

During the Database Installation I ahve this error

Error during execution of HdbCmdClazz 'CREATE_SQL_ROLE_USER_SEQUENCE' : Fri Oct 04 09:36:22 CEST 2013 | com.sap.hdb.core.main.cmd.HdbCmdMain | Error during execution of SQL command: GRANT EXECUTE ON SYS.MANAGEMENT_CONSOLE_PROC TO DBA_COCKPIT SAP DBTech JDBC: [258]: insufficient privilege: Not authorized

Someone of you had the same error and fixed it?

Meanwhile I will connect to DB studio and try to see if I can fix it from this side.

regards and thanks to all

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou Guys,

My issue got fixed after updating the DB patch to 68.

-Vinodh

0 Kudos

Dear Bruno:

you don´t need to fix any permision on the SAP HANA database, please do not modify the roles on the SAP HANA at the middle of an installation.

On the SAP note 1824729  - Error in com.sap.hdb.sl.lib.jar / HdbSlLib you can find an attach, COM_SAP_HDB_SL_LIB.SAR

Extract with the sapcar, copy the file "com.sap.hdb.sl.lib.jar", replace on the sapinst dir and retry the installation, must pass the authorization error to the next step.

Best regards.

Carlos Castro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

Please help me..iam facing same error while installing Erp 6.0 ehp7 in suse linux server for HANA db..

How to solve this issue....?

Regards,

Vinodh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinoh,

if the error is the same as mine in the very first part of this thread the suggestion is to PATCH HANADB to the latest version and then (when is it finished) patch even hana db client on sap AS.

Patching HANA is very very simple. It seems like patching maxdb if you know that db.

Let me know if it solved your issue.

bruno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bruno,

Iam also getting the same error as show below,So if we need to update the DB patch,How long it will take and My current DB level is 1.0 patch 38..it will be better if i go for Patch 67?

Regards,

Vinodh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinodh.

exactly! you have to go to patch 67! I do not know why but the HW vendor release only this version to the customers but they do not apply further Patches. It's a feature that the customer must cover himself.

Patching HANA is very easy once you download the patch from website.

do NOT forget to path even the hana client after the installation of your ERP otherwise you would receive a lot of memory errory especially if you apply further Patches!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno,

Thankyou for your help, but our DB admin saying that there is no path level as 67..Pathch level is only available for 68.

Regards,

Vinodh

Former Member
0 Kudos

that's ok too. just put the latest available and proceed the same way with hana client on AS. Is it the actual patch level causing the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kartik,

first of all, thank you for your effort.

We have just upgraded HANA DB to the latest Revision available (1.00.67) and that has fixed the issue.

Our DB Release was 1.00.40, that was sent us OEM by SAP.

Thanks again,

Andrea

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for letting us know the solution, Andrea.

regards

kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello kartik,an addition info.

Once you patch the hana db it's strongly adviced to patch even to the same level the hdbclient on the SAP server.

Otherwise you could face the error

sql error -10760 accessing  : memory allocation failed

for example when you performing th patch for SAP_BASIS or BI_CONT.

regards

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for sharing this information. Along with that, it's advisable to have the same revision for HANA database, HANA client and HANA studio as well.

regards

kartik

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno,

What is the user, used for installation.

regards

kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello karthikeyan,

if you mean the user that started sapinst then it's my domain user that has the grant of administrators on the windows server.

Do I have to do something on HANA to grant to my user the necessary authorization?

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Bruno,

I asked about the administration user only and it seems ok there.

1. Are you able to see the schema or security or content through SAP HANA studio. 2. Are you using onsite config tool or unified installer to install the database

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello karthikeyan,

i'm using the SWPM to install the database instance. Did I answer to your question?

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Bruno,

What i understand is, your hana db instance is already installed, now you are using SWPM to install sap netweaver on hana database, am i right? If this is the case try this

open the hana studio and assign user SAP<SID> with Object privileges as below

_sys_BI, _SYS_BIC and

Repository_Rest (SYS) with execute rights,

regards

kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello kartik,

this user at the moment does not exist in the database. We are at the very first steps of the installation. Only the HANA DB software is installed.

From the log the user that is performing this action is "system". We gave him the rights you mentioned but did not work.

Further suggestion?

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Be default System has all the rights, check the granted roles of system user as below

and assign Object Privileges - MANAGEMENT_CONSOLE_PROC(SYS) to system user with  EXECUTE Privilege.

regards

kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kartik,

I'm a colleague of Bruno.

the screenshot you show us seems to be of a SAP system that is already installed, so, sadly, we can't compare it with our landscape.

Moreover, MANAGEMENT_CONSOLE_PROC (SYS) is already granted to SYSTEM with EXECUTE privilege, but the issue isn't solved.

Logs are showing this:

--------------------

Fri Oct 04 13:06:26 CEST 2013 | com.sap.hdb.sl.lib.connection.sql.JdbcConnection | Start new connection with connect URL: jdbc:sap://xxxxxxxx:30015 connect user: System

Fri Oct 04 13:06:26 CEST 2013 | com.sap.hdb.sl.lib.connection.sql.JdbcConnection | Run SQL command: CREATE ROLE DBA_COCKPIT

---------------------

so, the role is being created by System, through SWPM; then:

---------------------

Fri Oct 04 13:06:26 CEST 2013 | com.sap.hdb.sl.lib.connection.sql.JdbcConnection | Start new connection with connect URL: jdbc:sap://xxxxxxxx:30015 connect user: System

Fri Oct 04 13:06:26 CEST 2013 | com.sap.hdb.sl.lib.connection.sql.JdbcConnection | Run SQL command: GRANT EXECUTE ON SYS.MANAGEMENT_CONSOLE_PROC TO DBA_COCKPIT

Fri Oct 04 13:06:26 CEST 2013 | com.sap.hdb.sl.lib.connection.sql.JdbcConnection | Error during execution of SQL command: GRANT EXECUTE ON SYS.MANAGEMENT_CONSOLE_PROC TO DBA_COCKPIT SAP DBTech JDBC: [258]: insufficient privilege: Not authorized

Fri Oct 04 13:06:26 CEST 2013 | com.sap.hdb.sl.lib.connection.sql.JdbcConnection | Closing connection.

Fri Oct 04 13:06:26 CEST 2013 | com.sap.hdb.sl.lib.connection.sql.JdbcConnection | Run SQL command: SELECT ROLE_NAME FROM ROLES

Fri Oct 04 13:06:26 CEST 2013 | com.sap.hdb.sl.lib.connection.sql.JdbcConnection | Closing connection.

Fri Oct 04 13:06:26 CEST 2013 | com.sap.hdb.sl.lib.connection.sql.JdbcConnection | Run SQL command: DROP ROLE DBA_COCKPIT

------------------------

so, when SYSTEM gets the GRANT EXECUTE error, is deleting DBA_COCKPIT role too.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks in advance for your effort Kartik,

Regards

Andrea Visentin

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

Please look at this note Note 1640741 - FAQ: "DB users for the DBA Cockpit for SAP HANA"

it might help.

regards

kartik