cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Number receipts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

If I receive an Item that is Serial number Managed and this Item contains multiple components of which some are serial number Managed and I want to record the components and the serial numbers contained in the Header Material WITHOUT receiving the components in to stock as we do not want to show the items in stock either as items or as value but we do want to be able to see that these serial numbers for these parts where used in this assembly can we do that

Regards

Frenchy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frenchy

I'm sure you cannot.

If I understand your requirement, you want to record serial numbers in SAP but with no GR?

Why would you want to do this?

Or do you want to receipt the serialised top level material number but add the serial number data of all of the sub components of the top level material at the same time?

If you record any serial number in text field, it will be very difficult to search for this data in the future, but it is possible but would not be SAP Best Practice.

You can add them to the PO line item text field as it is longer that the Doc Hdr Txt in MIGO

We used material BoMs to overcome this issue when receipting in a top level serialised part which then receipted in all of the sub components which were also seralised

Regards

Darren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frenchy,

As far as my knowledge goes you can not managed serial number in SAP-WM. So in your case even if you want to just have serial number for header material, I dont think it is possible.

BR