cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to increase height of a row in Webdynpro Table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!

Please suggest me on how to increase the table row height?

The only way that I am able to do it right now is by decreasing the column width of a particular column and by enabling 'wrapping' property for that column. But this makes it look bad and a few names don't appear properly.

Please suggest me if there is any other way on getting the row height adjusted to 2 lines instead of one without text wrapping.

Thanks and Regards,

Yaseen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yaseen,

The only way I can think of would be to create a custom style sheet that gives more top or bottom padding to table cells. You can tell a web dynpro application to use a specific style sheet with the WDTHEMEROOT application parameter.

Take a look at the document,

Cheers,

Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! I tried following the tutorial but after downloading the theme files from /SAP/PUBLIC/BC/UR/NW5/THEMES/SAP_TRADESHOW.. I don't know what to do with them

I don't even know if I can use this theme for my table..

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yaseen,

You'll want to import these files into Eclipse to edit them then import the finished theme into your system using program WD_THEMES. There is a lot of documentation on SCN about customizing themes in web dynpro. If you do a search I think you'll find some documents or blogs that discuss how to customize themes with or without a portal (not sure which is your scenario).

Here are a couple that may be helpful to you.

Cheers,

Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, this is not possible. I also faced same issue, here is link of my thread, Some suggestion is there, you can try with those.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have scrolling disabled as per the requirement.. Mine is fixed layout as well..

There must be some way where you can set the row height

Former Member
0 Kudos

I enabled scrolling because i need to show near about 30+ column. So i our height case its hardly matters. and in fixed layout its assign a fixed width to all column. So i will create more disturbed data.

You can do one thing remove the Fixed layout. and Gave the size to each column according to their size. Like

Employee ID/Name : 20%

DOJ : 7%

like this and sum of all column 100%.

and add Header text wrapping for all column.

Try Once.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The column sizes were set already.. I disabled Fixed Table Layout and enabled Header text wrapping for all columns.. No change.. My Column Headers are too small for wrapping to happen may be..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some change should be there Date of Joining Quite big name(char14+) and date (some date) is like char10 field. So if you reduce the size of column then header text should warped...

See in my Example.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, just the header height got changed but the content is still showing in one row

0 Kudos

Hi,

It should no possibility here rather than multiline texts or insert picture.

See following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/49/3e0b0e347d3ef0e10000000a421937/content.htm

You can only control the height of the rows using their content (for example, using the graphic size or multiline text).

Regards,

Shawn

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not using ALV Table.. It is just a normal Webdynpro Table..

0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for confusion. I can see no way to change the height, I would like to look for solution here too