Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consuming Standard ODATA Services

kumar5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to Mobility. I need your help to understand how can we test our Odata services in SAP CRM.

I am trying to do the same in transaction '/n/IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE' but with no luck.

Could you please explain me how can we do the same .

As shown above I want to test the data for the service Account. I click on gateway client and found the below screen:-

Now my question is , what I need to pass in the request url to get all the accounts exists in the sap system.

If I am following the wrong approach than it would be great for me  if you provide me the steps to do the same.

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks

Kumar Gaurav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After selecting Odata click on "Call browser" to launch the web browser for service's service document.

The browser should display something very similar to the following:

To test the service you can use any of the rest clients. Firefox gives one, for that you have install the add on for the rest client in firefox. You can find a tutorial on this here, http://somersetson.com/?p=41

- Midhun VP

kumar5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your prompt reply.  I will try this and get back to you in case of any Issues.

Thanks

Kumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is the best document I followed,

[Content Deleted Jan 2014]

- Midhun VP

Message was edited by: Jason Lax

kumar5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Cant we test the service in sap server itself instead of using Firebox or some other Tools?

Thanks

Kumar.

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can run the service in SAP itself. But I am not sure whether it allows CRUD (create,read,update &delete) operations from the same. I used rest client in firefox for testing the Odata service, and unfortunately my expert area is not Odata development. I had worked on a mobile app based on Odata hence I used these techniques .

- Midhun VP

kumar5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you consumed any standard Odata service in Android mobile. If yes then can you please provide me any step by step Doc to configure these services in SAP CRM which later can be consumed as mobile App.

Thanks

Kumar

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

You can test rest services in rest client wiztools also

you can download it from this link...

https://code.google.com/p/rest-client/downloads/list

there must be restclient-ui-3.2.1-jar-with-dependencies jar file.. you just run it.

looks like this

Rgrds,

Jitendra

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahh. On this I can help you a lot since its my expert domain . You can follow this document to start with, http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/topic/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01975.0223/doc/pdf/sup_tutorial_andr... I hope you have an SUP installed on premise. In that case ignore the part "Getting Started with SAP Mobile Platform Cloud" in the document. Again, its possible to consume the Odata services without using SUP too. A sample on it is here http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-gateway/blog/2012/07/18/developing-an-android-app-consuming-d...

Hope that helps.

-Midhun VP

kumar5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

When I am consuming the standard service then I am getting the error as mentioned below:

Can you please tell me how to resolve this Issue.

Thanks

Kumar.

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please create a new thread on this new issue you are facing with the following details, that helps others while searching for solution.

What is the environment you are running the app, is SUP involved ? Is SUP involved, is the app comes online in the SCC (Sybase control center) ? What is the error you are getting in the server logs in SCC ?

In which line of code this error occurs?

Is the service you are parsing in the device is working in any of the restclients, are you getting data in as a result?

- Midhun VP

kumar5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sup is not involved.

Using eclipse which is the IDE.

SCC IS NOT involved.

I am not using sybase.

I am connecting through netweaver gateway.

Thanks.

Kumar

kumar5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

I have created a service following the steps given in below Doc: [Content Deleted Jan 2014]

But now when I am testing it its giving me error as :

Please help me on this.

Thanks

Kumar

Message was edited by: Jason Lax