cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade from solman 7.0 to solman 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I am also planning to upgrade from  solman 7.0 to solman 7.1 My client wants to retain same master& transactions, users profiles data in 7.1 whatever exists in 7.0

&

I would like to go for the below method, kindly suggest whether is it possible  or not?

1)  I will perform Remote client copy in 7.0 for SAL_ALL profile  ( ssc8 consist of 3 transport requests)

2) I will do a fresh installation of 7.1 in another system

3) Import generated 3 transport requests to 7.1 system

Your suggestion & guidance is highly appreciated

Regards

Nilanchal Swara

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you are trying to to do remote client copy but you have missed the first rule of client that both the source and the target need to be same.

I don't think this is valid approach.

To get the new functionality working you will have to run setup. But any of the Z roles and the profile assigned to the user will not change as these are Z development.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The strategy for upgrading your SolMan solution to a higher version tightly depends on the way you use SolMan or even which scenario you have currently implemented. If for instance you have ChARM or Incident Management fully implemented and working I would say you should go for a technical upgrade and readjust your settings according to SAP guidances.

In you particular case, it looks like the SolMan to be upgraded is being used and there is data to keep. So my recommendation is to consider the technical upgrade.

Cheers,

José M. Prieto