cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information Design Tool connecting to SQL server 2000 Database issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are trying to create a relational connection on SAP information Design Tool (IDT) to SQL server 2000 database. We have tried three different drivers to test the connection setup - ODBC, OLE DB and JDBC . The ODBC and OLEDB connections test successfully but when we go to the show values tab, we get errors and do not see the tables. We have made all parameters configurations changes on the .sbo files under the <install dir>\BO 4.0\dataAccess\connectionServer\<odbc><OLEDB><JDBC> folders to get the right drivers reflecting to create the connection.

Are we facing these issues as SQL server 2000 is out of support or are there any workarounds to overcome it? I did find out that the system tables on SQL server 2005 and SQL server 2000 are different and therefore we get invalid object name<table name> errors as it cannot find those tables. For ex. The new sql 2005 tables have sys.<table name> where as sql 2000 had sys<table name>.

Please provide if you have resolutions to get the connecting working. I am attaching some snapshots of the errors.

Thanks.

Rohini.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

At the time of creating OLAP Conncetion are you able to see Drivers related to SQL.

Regards,
Giri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Giri,

I am not creating an OLAP connection, I am creating a relational connection to SQL server database. I have all the required drivers for the connection.

Regards,
Rohini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

SQL Server 2000 database is out of support in BI 4.0.

Please check the 'database supported platforms' doc here:  https://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700001297402012E

Answers (0)