Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Advance not to be posted but travel expenses should

sbasarkar1910
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My client has a scenario that he wants that the travel advance should be only for documentory purposes and does not want to post the amounts.  I made the changes in table V_T702N_A and it is working fine.  While running tcode PRFI it is showing that no postable amounts are there.

Now when the employee comes back from trip and claim's travel expenses against the same trip number.  When we try to post the expenses, the system is giving the same error that no postable amounts.

e.g.  Employee "234" creates a trip request (Number 34)  through ESS with advance request of  2000, the request gets approved by the Manager and the finance person settles the trip through PR05 and when the finance person executes PRFI, it shows "No postable amount" which is correct.

Employee comes back and claims travel expenses for 8000 against the same trip number i.e. 34.  The expense gets approved by the Manager and FI person settles the trip through PR05.  When the finance person tries to post the amount through PRFI, it shows "No postable amount".

I am confused as how to handle this scenario.

Thanks in advance.

S.B.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sbasarkar1910
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anybody give some inputs ??

Thanks in advance

S.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in IMG (or T702N_A) you will find a switch to control advance posting for request and/ or expense. You can switch to "do not post advance with request / always post advance with expenses".

If this is not working, check wage type, symbolic account and GL account assignment.

rgds, Michael

sbasarkar1910
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael,

I have found the switch to control the advance posting, but it is not working as desired.

SB

Former Member
0 Kudos

seems we need some more details here:

pls confirm:

- you create request including advance and DO NOT want to post to FI. Documentation only. So "no postable amounts" will be correct.

- payment to employee is done using personal vendor

- requirement is to post advance with expense claim and clear advance account, correct?

after request posting, you create expense claim, and then?

--> add some expenses higher than advance and save it.
expected result:

advance account credited, employee vendor debited
employee vendor credited, travel cost account debited

delta paid to employee

pls provide the following:

info: wage type assignment for VORS and VORK

info: symbolic account used for wage types of VORS and VORK

screen: symbolic account to GL account for the relevant wage types

screen: your advance in request

screen: your advance in expenses

screen: trip results overview while saving in ESS (or trip results from form)

screen: trip history from PR05 after expense posting

rgds, Michael