Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Monitoring for ICOs - Dual Stack

suman_lakkimsetty2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have developed a simple file-to-file scenario one using 'Classic Configuration(process through AE+IE)' another using an 'ICO(through AAE)' to compare the performance. But I am able to extract the performance report for the interface which has 'Classic configuration' where as I am not able to get the performance report for the interface where I used ICO.

I have tested this interface in PI 7.31 - Dual Stack.

Am able to get the performance report when I tested the same scenario in PI 7.31 Single Stack(JAVA only).

Is it possible to get the performance report in dual stack if I configure using ICOs, please help me with your inputs.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Suman,

Check note 1636215 Performance monitoring for the Advanced Adapter Engine.

Regards

Mark

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

suman_lakkimsetty2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your interest in responding for this. Here is my clarifications :

@Dimitri : Yes, I am not looking for the messages in MONI, I am trying to see the performance analysis in RWB --> Performance Monitoring --> Overview Individually(under display). But still not able to find the performance for nterfaces run using ICO.

@Inaki : Yes, I completly agree with you but the concern is I want to showcase it to my client as he is expecting some reports showcasing the performance impact. Our client is looking for an upgrade to 7.31 single stack and so need this report

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Some time ago, we did a performance study to compare a dual stack with a single stack, on exactly the same hardware.

Here are some extracts from this study:

So, a single stack is much faster, besides the lower cost, less development work etc...

Kind regards,

Dimitri

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Using ICO object is always more efficient that the classical configuration, less steps, less xml persitence and less parser/rendering steps. Therefore, i think it isn't not neccesary to have an experimental prove.

Regads.

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where do you get such a 'performace report'?

Please note that an ICO does not pass the ABAP stack, therefore, you will not find anything in the PI message monitor. Use the Runtime Workbench for this purpose and go to Performance Monitoring.

Kind regards,

Dimitri