cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Order of Fields on Resyndication in SAP MDM

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are working on SAP MDM 7.1 SP06. Flat format is used for syndicating records using delimiter.

When we syndicate for the first time, the order of fields in Destination Preview matches with the order defined in Destination Items of Item Mapping tab. But after few minutes when we try to syndicate again, the order of fields in Destination Preview doesnt match with the order defined in Destination Items of Item Mapping tab.

Has anyone faced similar situation before? What can be the possible Cause and Resolution?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

• In Syndication, if you have not maintained some field as mandatory and this field does not have any value for given record, then that field will not appear in the syndication fiel and next field having the value will appear there. So it will appear as if the sequence of fields has been altered.
  • Now i would suggest you to go to Destination Items tab, for each destination item, enter Static Text value as 1.
  • So this will cause this field to always flow even if the field is not having any value for the given record.
  • Please do these changes in the syndication map and then so few rounds of testing and let us know the results.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

Vinoth is right, Whenever a field which is mapped in the Synidication map doesn't have a value in it, then in the preview it will not be visible. Probably when u are trying to see the preview for the second you are looking into a record which doesn't have values for few fields which are missing in the preview.

Please test it with records having values for all the fields and those which don't have values for few fields. You will be able to see the difference.

However this will not affect the syndication by anyways. If you are facing some other issue please let us know.

Kind Regards,

Thamizharasi N

0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to Add in, I was trying to simulate error of my Actual issue. My actual issue is that when I manually syndicate, it gives correct field structure but gives incorrect structure using Automatic syndication.

I am wondering how there can be difference in Field Order of records between Manual and Automatic syndication.

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sushant,

Can you please tell where exactly you are checking your files?

Please check your outbound ready folder for the records and see what the output is. Check whether all the properties in Syndicator are right. If the files in ready folder are right then you have to check in PI for what exactly is happening(Probably something is going wrong here).

Kind Regards,

Thamizharasi N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

The format you have defined is only for mapping. Please confirm that all the fields that are mapped in your syndication map has values. If not there is a chance that the fields may either get disappeared or mis aligned.

Thanks

vinoth