cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EEM on 7.1 sp06 Event Rule missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

We are on Solman 7.1 SP06.  I have most of EEM setup, but I'm having a problem with alerting....specifically the Event Rules for Availability and Performance.

It's funny because I'm trying to get the "availablity" email alerting working, but the only way I can get the alarm to happen is if ALL my steps in my HTTP script fail.  I'd rather get an email if any ONE step fails.

I did some research which introduces the concept of "best case" vs. "worst case" scenarios in EEM.  the screen shots from all the presentations...wikis, etc show the ability to go into the EEM work center, "Alerting" --> Global tab --> Event Rule and from there change the propagation.

I'm thinking my alarming is defaulting to best-case....

Unfortunately, my screen doesn't look right.  the rules are blank (see my attached EEM-eventRule.gif)

So, I have reviewed the following before writing this discussion:

**implemented latest version of

Note 1748968 - Collective corrections for the MEA Directory SP6

(as of 10/3/2013 @ 12:40PM Central US)

AKA version 26 of the note was applied.

Also applied this note:

Note 1752164 - Adding Managed Object name to metrics in E2E Analysis report

Note 1733457 - E2E Analysis report translation issue fix

(prereq to 1752164)

Note 1768544 - Corrections for EEM 7.1 SP06 and SP07

--> note says...post application "After applying the correction execute the task 'Perform tasks after upgrade' in step 2.4."

--> this really means go to solman config WC --> system prep --> step 3 (imp sap note) --> hit the "Launch the Post-Processing" execute button....

****we applied this one months ago really.  but I did the manual step again just in case *****

Note 1611374 - EEM Reporting displays incorrect data in the reports

N/A

Note 1357045 - End-User Experience Monitoring Central Note

Plus I went through the EEM wiki and any other blog post I could find. 

I also went through all the SAP notes based on the component SV-SMG-MON-EEM

Man, I really don't want to put a message in, but I can't think of any other thing to do unless you guys can help me.

Thanks,

NICK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So doesn't help much as I am on SP08, but I wanted to let you know that on my system the rules are in place and I have a few options to select from...and SP10 is due out at the end of the month.  Perhaps an upgrade is in your best interest?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Billy,

this is a pretty glaring error.  I'm going to bite the bullet, open a message, and see what SAP has to say about it.

Nick

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad I could offer information...too bad it could be more useful for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I actually opened the message at the same time I put my thread in.  SAP responded now, and said I need to apply this note:

Note 1656033 - Badi implementations cannot be selected in the IMG

I already had the corrections in the note, so I really only need to run the report listed, including the options specified in the note.

Once I did that, I see the rules!!!

Answers (0)