cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi activity resource planning in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All.

We have following requirement in one of our client.

Actually client having 40 machines of same type for which we are going to create group resource.

Now while planning, client wants all capacity (all machines) to be utilized for one order in parallel.

They wants this planning to be carried out in APO PPDS also they wants to see all these in the planning board, which they will adjust if required.

Also we have following constraints with the present setup.

• In group resource multiple capacity can produce multiple products.
  • For planning any machines can go for break down for short time/long time.
  • Not sure how to use Setup matrix on multiple capacity.
  • Each capacity needs to be considered on  variable time consumption,i.e. no fixed consumption should happen, consumption should happen based on lot size on each capacity. That is based on the lot size execution time will differ for each capacity.

CCConsidering all above constraints can we map above things.

Please let us know your view on this.

Best Regards

Abhi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Abhimanyu,

First thing if you want to do detail scheduling on each of resource, you need to assign set up matrix to each resource. And Setup matrix can't be assigned to Multi- Resource. So need to create single resource for all 40 resources. Which will give a detailed result at individual level. And of course in DS board also it'll help you in planning at each resource individually

Now comes to master data maintenance, regarding Grouping of resource.

First create 40 individual resources, and added them into a one class, Use classification 19, to make them one group. In this case you no need to maintain different rate routing , or different production version. just maintain one rate routing with same class, which will automatically assigned to the whole group. And will create Multiple mode in the PDS in APO after Cif, which will hep you to do planning at individual resource.

Please go through the following link to get better idea about use of class type 19. Let me know if you need any more help.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3265577

http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/manufacturing-pp/blog/2013/07/03/resource-classification-in-master-...

Regards

Debashis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Debashis,

Thanks for your reply.

Your answer will surely help me to find the conclusion:)

I will surely come back to you if further complexity arrises.

Thanks again.

Best Regards

Abhimanyu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

About the Setup Matrix definition, the help file states: "You can use a setup matrix to model sequence-dependent setup times and setup costs for a single resource."

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/b7/4950d874ac11d3bfb30000e83235ee/content.htm

The setup matrix cannot be used in multi-resources.