cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnostics Agent instances(DAA Instance) Stop and Start required for SAP server stop & Start activities.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

When stop and start SAP servers, DAA instance Stop & Start also required.

How to maintain DAA instance?

Thanks & Regards,

V Srinivasan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

rahul_yedapally
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

No need to restart the agent on weekly basis , its depends on hardware maintenance.

if we Restart the SAP , there is no effect for DIA agent even if its running

Thanks,

Rahul Yedapally

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's not required to start and stop agents in this case.

Regards,

Divyanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think that you need to stop SMD agent when you stop sap.

SMD agent are linked to Solution manager and passes on the data of the Sap system to solution manage. So you should always check the agent status in solution manager and see if its offline and then try to fix the issues.

Try to do this option with maintenance mode on in solution manager.

http://<host>:<port>/smd/AgentAdmin

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Manas_Vincit
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

While shutting down start stop of SAP , It is not mandatory to do restart of DAA .

DAA Instance can be maintained as we maintain normal SAP instance . Can you be specific what do you mean by Maintain?

Thanks

Manas Behra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manas,

Thank You for your Quick reply.

We are Stop and Start SAP server weekly once.

If DAA stop and start required..we can do DAA re-start also per weekly once.

I want to confirm DAA restart is required or not and we want to know SAP recommdation for DAA Instance.

Thanks & Regards,

V Srinivasan

Manas_Vincit
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok , Generally whenever we do SAP restart , we do not restart DAA.

DAA is only restarted whenever there is hardware or server level activity . we did not face issue in Past .

Thanks

Manas Behra

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can also confirm @Manas's comment, in my environment we also do not shut down the SMD agents when we take down BW/SCM/ECC/etc etc.

Also think of it this way, if the agent goes down then you get a message that agent has gone offline from Solution Manager, however you don't receive notification that the other SAP services have gone down.  So from a mgmt/SLA standpoint leaving it on as much as possible will provide greater visibility for audits.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are Stop and Start SAP server weekly once

This is not required either, a properly configured SAP system does not need to be restarted on a weekly basis.

Regards, Juan

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan

In my environment we have Windows & IBM i-Series operating systems,

On windows we use to stop & Start the SAP & Diagnostics Agent manually on the SAP MMC.

On IBM i Series we use to stop & start the SAP instance only, Diagnostics Agent will start automatic at the time of full restart (IPL – Initial program load).

better you can stop & start the Diagnostic Agent either manual or automatic by using the batch script

Thanks

Sriram