cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing date for Credit Memo request same as reference invoice billing date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

At present we are creating customer credit memo request by copying/reference billing invoice through the T-Code VA01.

the billing date for the credit memo is automatically deriving to the current date.

Our requirement is to derive the CR memo billing date as the reference invoice billing date automatically.

EX: If an invoice posted on 1st Sep 2013, subsequently if a credit memo is created on 20th of Sep 2013 with reference to the invoice, The billing date on the Credit memo should automatically derive to reference invoice date and not to the current date.

Can some one suggest the necessary config changes, i would be very glad for the suggestions. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume you know the difference between Credit memo request( sales document) and Credit memo( billling document).

As Lakshmipathi sir advised your requirment it self seems to be wrong.

Credit memo request( sales document-VA01) can be created with/with out ref of billing doc

Credit memo (billing document-VF01) which should always  be equal/later date of Credit memo request.

Srinu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi

Thanks you for your inputs.

The business requirement is, they have planned billing date as 1st of every month for the customer invoices,

On a later date if any price adjustments are identified, creating Debit/Credit memo request by copying original invoice through VA01, then creation through VF01.

Business specific requirement is they wanted to have billing date for DR/CR memo as the reference invoice billing date i.e. 1st of the month in which the original invoice posted.

I checked the configuration for copying control config,but not sure through which path i can achieve this.

Could you please suggest the config path to achieve this.

Thanks

Sitaram

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Through standard configuration, this is not possible.  Try with USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE_INV_DATE in the program RV60AFZC where you can validate FKDAT field

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

consider in the solution to your request the possibility that you might find FI period closed when creating a memo request from an old invoice...

Regards,

JM

deep_khanra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure, can you test with VTFF with reference number "E".

Thanks

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Logically, what you expect is wrong.  From your example itself, I will explain

Billing Date               01-09-2013
Credit Memo Request 20-09-2013

In the above case, your requirement is to have credit memo date as 01-09 when it is referenced from Credit Memo Request.  When a preceding document dated is showing some date, how come, you can create a subsequent document prior to this preceding document date.  Moreover, for any Business process, credit memo date should always be later than billing date.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sitaram,

I believe you might have to go with enhancement for this requirement and for that you can ask your technical consultant to help you out, it will not take much time.

Still am searching on this.

Thanks & Regards