cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing a scrap from an outside processor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please help,

We have a problem with how we process scrapped items from outside processors. Currently we've been handling an outside processor scrapping our part by 1) lowering the actual quantity of the OP production order by however many items that the processor has scrapped and 2) lowering the purchase order quantity placed to pay for the outside processing by the quantity scrapped. We've recently been told by our parent company to account of outside processing scraps. So when we confirm the outside processing operation of the production order through either CO19 or CO11N, we notate the quantity yield and the quantity scrapped through those transactions. We then close the order out with the scrap accounted for.

However, with this new way of keeping the quantity on the order the same and accounting for scrap, when we go to receive(MIGO) the line for the items against the purchase order it still asks to receive the full quantity. If we reduce the quantity it creates a new purchase requirement for the lowered quantity, but if we leave it and only receive the usable parts, it leaves the purchase order open.

Is there a way to account for scrap when receiving a purchase order line from an outside processor.

Also, is there a way to automate the process so that when the order operations are confirmed and the order is closed, that the accompanying purchase order has the line received against it so that receiving from outside processing purchase orders is taken care of by the outside processing order?

All help is greatly appreciated!

Klayton

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This community is for the SAP Sybase Event Stream Processing product.

You might try posting your quesiton in the community that belongs to the product for which your question concerns.

Thanks,

Neal

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is my first time posting to the discussion boards and I'm not entirely positive on how to navigate the website and how to move a discussion from one category to another. I put this under Event Processing because I wasn't sure what other category it fell under.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think most discussion forums are organized around products, not specific issues.  With what product are you encountering this issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's milled aircraft parts for seating

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I guess that still does not really tell me which SAP product you are using.

If you were to open a technical support case/message, which "Component" would you log it under?

If we knew which SAP product you were using, we could better direct you to that product's forum.

Thanks,

Neal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh, sorry. The sap window that I logon through says SAP Logon 720, Connections, Production.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It sounds like maybe you are using SAP's Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software so you might try this community:

http://scn.sap.com/community/erp

Thanks,

Neal