cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking rule CE issue in ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we already have consignment fill up and consignment issue configured in our system adn users are creating orders etc in ECC.  The materials in our system has checking group 02 in material master. in the existing config, we do not have the combination of 02 (checking group)+ CE (checking rule ) for carry out control.

Now we are configuring new consignment fill up and consignment issue order types to fulfill certain other customers. We  have used copy as function to copy the config from old consignment fill up/issue.

there is no issue with new  config of consignment fill up and I have created the consignment fill up order too in ECC. checking group 02 is also used for new cycle.

Now while creating consignment issue order with ref to new consignment fill up, iam getting a message that control for checking group 02 and CE rule is not maintained. The schedule lines is not confirmed in consignment issue order .

1)  as Previuosly informed that we do not have the combination of 02 (checking group) + CE (checking rule ) for carry out control in ECC So why system is  giving such information message when our old consignment issue cycle is running fine.

2) where is system picking CE from. If it is based on transaction, then why such an error is not there for old consignment issue cycle ?

3) We also have APO-GATP in our landscape and ECC is connected with that. Do you think something is missing in GATP or is something missing in ECC or both ?

regards

Pamela

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pamela,

When you're using APO GATP for this purpose, the settings related to your Availability Checking group and Business Event should be in synch with the settings in APO GATP.

Because, when you create the sales order in ECC, it remotely calls SCM system to perform APO ATP checks and during this process, the material and plant combination that was passed to APO system will refer to the check control settings in APO system.

Hence, you need to configure the following settings in APO system to be in sync with ECC system.

Advanced Planning and Optimization -> Global Available-to-Promise (Global ATP) -> Product Availability Check -> Maintain Check Control

Let me know if you have any questions on this.

Thanks,

Babu Kilari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kilari,

In ECC, how is system determing the rule CE. Is it deafult for consignment sales orders. currently we do not have 02 + CE combination in ECC. APO has 02 + CE maintained !

Also we have already old sales cycle running for consignment scenario. But we do not have the carry out control for checking group 02 + checking rule CE in ECC. So how come in ECC , we are able to run the  old consignment scenario without 02 + CE in carry out control in ECC.

Lastly iam SD consulant and APO really confuses me and sap help is more complex. Any good book on the same.

regards

Pamela

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pamela,

I can recommend the book "http://www.amazon.com/Supply-Chain-Management-J%C3%B6rg-Dickersbach/dp/3540029311" if you want to learn APO. Of course SAP Help also gives good amount of information.

Coming to your question, it is the business event CE how that gets determined is the question ? Correct ? I guess these business events are pretty much hard coded and it is determined in ECC ( not in APO ). So, may be with your new process of consignment the business event is getting determined as CE for which the config was not setup properly and hence the error message. Is the document category the same between your old process and new process ? Probably that is something you should be checking at ?

Babu Kilari