cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPLOGON Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This is the very first time i post here. Hope you can help me.

I recently installed saplogon server, to deploy SAPGUI to all my domain clients. The server is a Windows Server 2008 R2. I ran the NwCreateInstServer.exe and it successfully created and updated (NwUpdateInstServer.exe) the contents. I was able to create and distribute the first SAPGUI for Windows. The path i configured is D:\SAPGUI_SERVER and it s shared to all users.

The instalation was made from the presentation CD and the intalled version is 9.0.32.0. The last version is 9.0.38.0 and i have the patch files. The problem is that when i run the exe file SAPSETUP90P1SP00_38-20008539, i recieve the following message:

"The SAP Front end patch cannot be applied. Either the installed components are alredy on the same patchlevel or the components to be patched are not installed".

In the log file i see the following error:

13:15:38 NwSapsAtlC  1E  Server Path C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SAPsetup\Setup could not be found: Error message: The system cannot find the file specified. Error code 0x00000002 (2).

If i copy the folder SETUP from D:\SAPGUI_SERVER to C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SAPsetup, the patch succesfully detect the product but my D:\SAPGUI_SERVER intallation is not patched.

Somehow the patch is looking for the wrong path and i don´t know where does it get that wrong path from. I need to patch that installation...

Hope you can help me to solve this.

Regards,

A.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you execute the patch file, it is trying to patch a regular sapgui installation, so it's giving you that error. 

To patch the installation server, you need to start the Admin tool, then click on the "Patch Server" button to load the patch file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That did the trick! It is working at last version now. I applied the patch level 6 to SAPGUI component and the clients workstation received the update successfully.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

A.

Answers (0)