Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FK01 - Vendor master bank key mandatory

naveen_krishna2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a query with regard to vendor bank details in vendor master creation.

I am creating a Japanese vendor, entered Country JP under bank details (payment transactions screen) and clicked on bank data button.

I got bank data pop-up screen and maintained information and saved.

Thse details are reflecting in FI01.

Where as when I tried to maintain for other countries like AU, US, GB etc., system is not opening bank data pop-up instead getting error "Enter the bank key".

I am not sure how system is controlling/validating this?

this behaviour exists in our new clients system and not sure what is controlling this.

Any inputs on this will be great.

Regards,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

naveen_krishna2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All, Sorry for late reply.

OY17 is the correct answer and thanks for all of you who has given correct answer.

Regards,

Krispy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know you have resolved this query however just for information

in second case just enter bank key and press enter system will show the additional data window if your entered key is new bank key , in this window you can fill up your additional data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krispy,

Check the following configurations:

SPRO > SAP Net weaver > General Settings > Set Countries > Set Country specific checks.

Kindly refer the F1 help for Bank data checkbox under further checks.

There is a list of specific checks which have been implemented for certain countries.

Hope it helps.

Thanks
Harin Khakhkhar

vinod_vemuru2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the settings in OY17 (Country specific field checks). Bank key field would have been maintained as space for JP and 1 or 4 for GB, US and AU.

Thanks,

Vinod.

former_member211635
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check settings in oy17 --> Select country --> Bank Key (1, 2, 3, 4)

Please check standard SAP help for relevance of different keys:-

Name of the bank key

In this field, you determine how the bank key for banks is assigned in the respective country. The fields for the bank country and the bank key are used for identifying a bank in the R/3 System. The address data of a bank, for example, is stored using these keys.

Banks are normally managed using their bank number; the bank number is then also used for the control data of the bank (bank key "1").

Bank key "2" (managing the bank data using the account number) is obsolete and is only supported for reasons of compatability. You should choose one of the following alternatives:

For data medium exchange, it can be useful to be able to enter banks of foreign customers/vendors without bank numbers, even if there are bank numbers in the country concerned. In such cases, the bank key can be assigned internally (bank key "3").

If the bank data is to be managed using a different key such as the SWIFT code, you can also specify an external number assignment (bank key "4").

Thank You

Nishu