cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while sending a file to SFTP Server using Private Key Authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a scenario where PI needs to send a file to SFTP Server. We are using SAP's SFTP Adapter 1.0 and "Private Key" as the Authentication method in our Receiver SFTP Channel. We have exchanged our public keys with our partner however we are not able to import our partner's public key into PI Key store and hence not able to choose this key at "private Key View" and "Private Key Entry".

Our understanding is to use our partner's public key to encrypt the file we are sending to the SFTP Adapter and our partner to decrypt the file using their Private key.

Also, we have tried using our PI Private Key to encrypt the file just to make sure at least the SFTP connection is working but we are getting the below error -

"MP: exception caught with cause javax.resource.ResourceException: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Auth failed"

I searched in sdn but didn't find any solution to this.

Thanks,

Sarat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

2 things I wanted to confirm/clarify when dealing with receiver SFTP Adapter with Private Key Authentication Method -

1. Receiver SFTP Channel should use PI's Private Key.

2. If receiver accepts only SSH format key, we need to convert PI's public key to SSH format as PI's key will NOT be in SSH format.

When the above 2 steps were taken care of the issue was resolved.

Thanks,

Sarat

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sarat

How are you? Hope you remember me (Satyam Philips Project).

I need your help in this SFTP Private key interface.

I am little bit confused about what are the steps I need to do for using Private key authentication method.

Request you to please tell me step by step what I need to do?

Thanks

Dheeraj Kumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarat,

Please check the below document which gives you step by step procedure for SFTP configuration.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/305eeb5b-81e7-2f10-d8aa-9216de04c...

Thanks and Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Thanks a lot for your response.

We have used the same document to set up our Key Store. But 1 thing is not clear for us.

Do we need to use "PI Private Key" or our partner's "Public Key" in our "Receiver" SFTP Channel while sending a file to the SFTP Server?

Thanks,

Sarat

vamsi_akkapeddi
Explorer
0 Kudos

You need to convert PI public key to target system SSH format and send it to them.

Ask your Basis team to do the conversion.