cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supplier Registration process in MM-SUS Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

We have Supplier Registration Process in SUS System.We are using MM-SUS scenario. Please tell me how the process/data flows from SUS to MM like IDOC type, approval workflow process etc..

One more question : Please tell me how can we develop custom workflow process for supplier registration process? I think it can be using application controlled workflow and if yes, provide me the workflow template number for that.

Regards,

Mahesh.D

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh

Supplier Registration (ROS) does not have the business workflow (or trigger workflow events) but uses ABAP programmed control for approval from the supplier administrator through a staging table. This is why the supplier administrator don't see anything in his UWL but will have to go to the POWL to see the supplier registration status. This is also the reason why there is only one approval in SAP standard Supplier Registration.

Process is like this: Supplier Registers Successfully -> Based on the Product Categories selected, the Survey Questionnaires will be sent out to suppliers -> Supplier will be able to answer those questionnaires online->Supplier Administrator sees the status of the registration and questionnaires in the Personal Object Work List (POWL)->Supplier Administrator Approves the registration -> Supplier receives a temporary username and password ->Supplier logs into Temp. URL using the Temporary Username and Password and creates a new username and password> Supplier uses the new username and password to login to the portal to see the SUS Purchase Orders etc.,

It is quite hard to implement multiple level of workflow (using PCW or ACW) using the enhancement points/BADI's. I would not recommend developing a Z Supplier Registration also.

We implemented multiple level approval workflow using the programmed controls by adding some extra fields (approval fields) which is only visible to the administrators, tuning up the roles such that only administrators with certain roles be able to approve the custom levels. This also included some works with the POWL such that, it will be possible to see the status of the approval; There were also some checks to make sure, the second approval cannot happen without the previous approvals etc.., It is quite hard to do this.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello kasee,

Thanks for your reply and information.

Please clarify the below points:

1) Once the Supplier is approved by the SUpplier Administrator, Will the Supplier be replicated Automatically to ECC System? Is there any way to replicate manually to the ECC system?

2) As per SAP SRM ACW Documentation, the Workflow template WS10000209 talks about new bidder workflow. Please clarify on this.

3) Please explain in detail how you achieved the multiple level approval workflow using the programmed controls for SSR process? Please send documents to my mail id : Mahesh.dnikam@gmail.com .

Regards,

Mahesh.D

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) It is automatically transferred to the ECC system - on Approval by the supplier administrator.

2) Bidding Workflow means RFx workflow. It is not related to Supplier Registration.

3) No Consulting documentation available but is done in an Ad-hoc manner.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please confirm if the clarification is provided.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos