cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA Sessions are missing from Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrons,

I recently noticed that the EWA sessions are missing for the 4th week of September few systems from Solution and hence we are unable to generate rating for the respective system. The systems were not removed from the logical component and there was no change in configuration.

Questions.

• Is there a way to find if the sessions was deleted manually from the Solution.
  • Kindly let me know why the sessions went missing.
  • Is there a possible way I can generate EWA sessions for previous weeks.

Thanks & Regards,
Vivek.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member118647
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vivek,

Kindly let me know why the sessions went missing.

EWA session might be deleted from SDCCN itself

1.- GO to SDCCN on managed system

2.- on "deleted" tab, search the session. If present then was session was deleted.

Is there a possible way I can generate EWA sessions for previous weeks.

Your 4th week of September session is missing. If I am not wrong this missing EWA session report was supposed to generate on Monday/Tuesday(30th sep/1st oct). As next week monady/tuesday is still far, you can generate the EWA of previous week.

1.Go to solman execute tcode SE38-->RDSMOP_MAIN and create EWA task for managed system

2. Go to managed system, execute SDCCN->click on "Task" in menu bar and then "create"  ->"Refression session". Make sure that you select " now" and back rfc in target destination of popup

this will create a refression session task in sdccn under "todo " tab

on completion, it will Pulls outstanding EWA service sessions from solman and creates SDCCN EWA tasks in managed system. Select the newely created EWA task in sdccn and click on "EDIT->start now" in menu bar. This will start the EWA task.

Once the managed system sends its data to Solution Manager the data is available in the service session

and the  icon changes to two flasks

to process the data in solman, run the job SM:EXEC SERVICES in solman. on completion of job EWA will be rated

Regards,

suhel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Also you can find the EWA issue in the below step

Goto RDSMOP_MAIN -> select particular solution -> operation -> EWA

Check when is the last EWA generation, also find the service schedule, whether it is showing any red status for last week.

Issue Check:

1. EWA solman system job:

Check the SM:EXEC_Services job in the solman system, it will show clear issue of generation EWA alerts

2. Managed system Job:

Job: /BDL/Task_processor*  ( check this job also)

3. Back RFC from managed system

4. Also check any setting changed in day schedule of particular system ( solman_EWA_admin)

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Many thanks for your reply.

I couldn't find the transaction RDSMOP_MAIN in my solution manager system! Checked the same in TSTC with the search term "*main*" and was unable to find it.

• I am able to find the SM: EXE_Services for the other week but not for the week no.4.
  • Same is the case for /BDL/Taskprocessor. Since we haven't scheduled Maintenance Package in the satellite system, we run process EWA sessions manually in txn SDCCN. So we couldn't find that either (for the 4th week).
  • Back RFC is working fine, Since the EWA ratings are available for the other weeks this should not be a problem.
  • There settings remain the same for all systems in txn solman_ewa_admin.

The sessions are missing from the Solution in SolMan system and hence we were not able to fetch and process them in Satellite systems. There seems to be no error in jobs or configuration.

Kindly advise.

Thanks & Regards,

Vivek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto se38 -> RDSMOP_MAIN execute and check it.

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

This lands me in the same page when I access from the below link

solman_workcenter > System Monitoring > Early Watch alerts > Select sytem > <Click on solution>

I find session for every week but for the 4th week of September.

Kindly advise.

Thanks & regards,

Vivek.

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Vivek N S , i remember one option to recover old ewa sessions 😉

You indicate that on your solution manager there are still the solution with each logical component, well, for that system's that you need to re-activate the ewa sessión just follow that:

1.- jump to SDCCN on managed system

2.- on "done", go down and search that session for weeks ago, and select the line.

3.- on menu -> task -> re-activate session

4.- after that you will see in "to do" tab the session with old data of session time/dates

hope that can be useful for you ^^

Best regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Please go to solman_workcenter>Solution Manager Administration>Solutions>Select your solution>Operations Setup>Early Watch Alert>Setup Early Watch Alert - Check if EWA is active for your system.

If you have recent sessions on SE38>RDSMOP_MAIN but sessions have a flag as icon (Data for this seession is overdue), check if the job "SM:EXEC SERVICES" has been executed on your Solution Manager.

Regards.

Luis Roel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

If SM:EXEC_Services job is not triggered on last week, schedule and monitor the job..

So it will generate the overdue EWA session in the system.

Rg,

Karthik

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

check with session workbench:

transaction: DSSESS

check if the ewas has been archived.

regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lluis Salvador Suarez,

Many thanks for your reply.

I am unable to find the sessions in the Tcode DSSESS.

Thanks & Regards,
Vivek.

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check that Vivek:

transaction DSA, there is an option to search deleted sessions.

Regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Now I am sure that my sessions were not deleted! since I don't find them in the deleted sessions.

I also checked using "All Sessions" option and still I am unable to find it!

The sessions are missing from the solution itself.

Kindly advise.

Thanks & regards,

Vivek.