cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10 ARM: access request for 2 roles and more

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

In one of my stages i have an agent whom is assigned as a role owner.

while opening the request, the requestor added 2 different roles with 2 different owners.

The system will send the request to both approvers (role owners).

I would like to get this scenario: the request will split in 2 ways (for each approver) and will continue without waiting for the second role to be approved.

Can i create such a scenario without using routing rule?

Thanks & Regards,

Michal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

This is not possible until you create multipath request. And in this case you would need one path per approver . and it is required that you know the number of roles( approvers) that are added to request.. which is also not possible..

You can also do custom development to break a request into two requests depending on number of roles( approvers) in request..

Best Regards,

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

I have configured my stage with "Approve Despite Risk" as NO, Rejection level - "System and Role" , Approval Level - "System and Role".

Now say supposedly i create a request with 3 Roles - Role 1, Role 2 and Role 3. When the approvers receives the request and realize that Role 2 has risk so he/she would like to reject that and approve the other 2 roles. So when the approver change the Approval status for Role 2 as "Reject" and for other 2 roles as "Approve" and when he/she clicks on "Submit" it still says for the Role 2 to "Mitigate the risk" even if that line item is under rejection status.

Please provide your valuable feedback on the same.

Thanks and regards

Ankit sharma

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

take an example

then agent is approver before role owner.

he can add 2 roles more to the request and role has 1 role.

so now the request has 3 roles .with 3 different approver

when he approves the request will go to 3 approvers at same time. and at msmp stage settings.

you need to mention all approvers or any one.

if all approver it need approver for each role owner for their particular role. thats good approver.

if you select anyone approver then irrespective of who are other approver if any one of them apporves enitre request will get approved.

Regards,

Prasant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasant,

You are correct, In the stage definition I will need to state whether its "All approver/ Anyone approver".

However, in both scenarios the system will not continue in the WF/commit the provisioning to the approved role, as it depends on the approval of other roles, and this is what i'm searching for.

Thanks,

Michal

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

go to spro provision settings.make necessary settings there.

provison at end of path not request.

Regards,

Prasant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried your suggestion,

but still the system does not commit the provisioning to the approved role.

Thanks,

Michal

0 Kudos

Hi Michal ,

Please also check that you have "Approval Level" and "Rejection Level" set as "Role" in MSMP's Task Settings for that workflow stage. (step 5),  Have you tried this , if not please check once and let us know .

Uma Shankar

SAP GRC Consultant