Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

proxy

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

When i create the proxy the methods created in instance methods.

1)what is the difference between instance methods and static methods

2)when can i use instance methods and when can i use static methods

3)if its instance methods how can i call that instance method in the program

4)iam creating asyncronous outbound proxy which type of method i need to create

Answer will be rewarded

Kind regards

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

When you create a proxy all necessary methods, interfaces and class are generated. You are not required to create any method explicitly.

Incase of outbound proxy (we call it as client proxy), you need to create a report program in SE38. You should pass the necessary values to the generated structure from this report.

Incase of inbound proxy (server proxy), if you double click on the class name, you will see a method called execute_asynchronous or execute_synchronous. You have to edit this method. You have to write ABAP code in this method to extract the data from the generated structure.

The procedure is same for synch/async proxies.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

1. & 2.

Staic Methods

Function modules correspond to Static methods of classes because all global attributes of the function group are valid all the time when calling one of its function modules. We cannot have instances, i.e. specific dataset combined with coding.

Instance Methods

The main difference between real object orientation and function groups is that although a program can work with the instances of several function groups at the same time, it cannot work with several instances of a single function group. Suppose a program wanted to use several independent counters, or process several orders at the same time. In this case, you would have to adapt the function group to include instance administration, for example, by using numbers to differentiate between the instances.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/c3/225b5954f411d194a60000e8353423/content.htm

3. & 4.

Regards,

Prateek