SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM Issue reverting an invoice through MR8M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I’m facing an Odd situation here in our system and I don’t know what need to be verified to correct it. Let me explain what is going on.

When we post an invoice through MIRO, a document in FM module is created.

As you can see, all the values used the same Fund Center and Commitment Item. In our business view point it’s correct.

Sometimes the invoices launched need to be reverted for some reason. The user goes to transaction MR8M and executes the reverse.

For an unknown reason, during the reverse operation the system doesn’t use the same Fund Centers and Commitment Items.

Below there is the document created in FM after revert the invoice.

As you can notice, the values are correctly inverted, but the Fund Center and Commitment Item for items 3 and 4 of that document is different from original document.

The transaction used for perform the reverse, there is nothing to define something like that, the user only informs the invoice number to be reverted and press Save.

I’d like to know what need to be verified or where those customizing are performed.

I took a look at the transaction FMDERIVE, and the system is correctly customized because when the invoice is posted, the system derivates correctly the fund center and commitment item. The system only makes the mistake during the reversion process.

I hope that someone can help me or guide me with this issue.

Thanks a lot.

Rodrigo Amorim

2 REPLIES 2

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Rodrigo,

Please activate the trace in FMDERIVE and look at what is being derived. This will tell you why the fund center in the reversal is different from the original invoice. It is possible the fund center is being copied from the PO.

Thanks

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

I have doubts over derivation strategy. Please set the TRACE and analyze before and after values. Also in the second screenshot there is an indication that the entry is marked as statistical could you please check your update profile settings as well.