cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to Idoc Scenario - File picked up by PI upon saving

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having a scenario of File to Idoc interface. A .CSV format file is placed in a folder in FTP server. If the file is processed successfully by PI, the file will move to archieve folder in FTP server.But it is not happening in my case. File is not getting processed and posting to ECC. Instead, file is moving into processed folder.

If the same file is saved and placed in FTP server then the file is getting processed and message log can be seen too.

Kindly help me out to resolve this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Madhuri.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Madhuri ,

Try to increase your polling interval . This will decrease the possibilty of failure. If you are sure about the timings of the files to be placed in a day then you can use AAT- adapter availability timings feature. By this start the channel only after your files are placed and written.

Thanks,

Gaurav Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhuri

I think the problem is that your file adapter is picking the files before the file is updated in the FTP server.

Please use file check modification interval.

Please provide the approx time in mili seconds by which you think that the file will be completely updated.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Indrajit,

Im afraid that parameter doesnt work with FTP connections. I think that the solution could be to do the copy between directories with an Operating System Command after processing or to create an scenario file - idoc - file.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Whenever the file is saved now and placed in FTP server then it is picked up by PI. But Iam unable to identify where am I getting problem whether it is file format or any other problem.

Regards,

Madhuri

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhuri,

There seems to be difference in file format which is being put in FTP server. Here is the explanation: Please check in which operating system the file is being created? Then check out the operating system of the FTP server. Say for example the file is created by business user in windows OS and being put in FTP server which is in unix. There is a file format difference between the two operating system. Windows uses "\r\n" as line ending where as unix/linux uses "\n" as line ending.

Check this for more information http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~krueger/csc209h/tut/line-endings.html .

When the file is saved in FTP server the file format is converted into format as expected by operating system used in FTP server. This what I feel is the source of the problem. Under FTP Connection Parameters in sender file adapter there is a parameter called Transfer Mode. Try setting this to binary .

That might perhaps solve the problem.

Regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Transfer mode under FTP Connection parameters is already set to Binary itself. Still the problem persists

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhuri,

I mentioned difference in file format , did you check with business on that??

In case you find the reason perfectly matches my explanation above, I feel,the problem cannot be resolved from PI end. The Business needs to provide correctly formatted file to PI adapter. Please wait for experts to respond on the same.

Regards

Anupam

Message was edited by: Anupam Ghosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

How to check whether the file is compatible with PI?

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhuri,

Write a small script in PI server. The script will copy files from source directory ( from where PI is trying to read currently) and would save the file in same FTP server in a different directory(T) . If the operating system of the PI server is UNIX/LINUX, then you can use following link to write a script. In case the PI server is on windows platform then you please check this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/96269. Put the script path in run OS command before processing in sender FTP adapter. PI will try reading the file from directory T. This will eliminate the problem of file incompatibility. The script can be written in FTP server itself but  then this has to be taken care by other team responsible for maintenance of the FTP server.

"How to check whether the file is compatible with PI?"

The file is definitely compatible with Pi as after saving the file PI can read it.

Regards

Anupam

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhuri,

please ask Basis to check the permissions on the file. Should be file mask 777.

Ambrish