cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOCFlatToXmlConvertor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using IDOCFlatToXmlConvertor module to convert the client IDoc flat file to IDoc xml in PI 7.3 java only server.

Issue :

Flat file sent by client system have blank/null value for PSGNUM (No. of parent segment ) field. Due to which the conversion is failing with error - “Error: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""

We tried inserting zeros at this place, but still conversion failed with error  - “Error: com.sap.conn.idoc.IDocIllegalTypeException: (4) IDOC_ERROR_ILLEGAL_TYPE: Segment type "E1EDKT2" is not a valid child segment type.
DOCUMENT: type=ORDERS05; SEGMENT: type=ROOT, definition=ROOT”

Which means the module is expecting some valid values for PSGNUM.

We are mainly interested in using this module for conversion.

Is there any way we can bypass this validation.Please guide us to the solution.

Thanks in advance

Jyothsna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothsna,

Did you try inserting values other than zero?? Please check if the error continues.

Regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

yes we did this manually.We tried giving valid values and the file was successfully converted to IDoc xml.

When I say valid values ,proper linkage between parent and child segment PSGNUM is given i.e PSGNUM value of child segment is SEGNUM value of parent segment.

Thanks,

Jyothsna

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothsna,

What makes you think that it is due to PSGNUM?

From the error above, seems like it is complaining about E1EDKT2.Can you give a snapshot of your data.

Thanks

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambrish,

When we inserted valid values for PSGNUM field ,it worked.IDoc xml is generated out the same file which didnt work earlier.

We could get these valid values from a similar IDoc flat file.

Also I believe E1EDKT2 segment is the first segment in IDoc structure which is occuring at second level hierarchy ,where module is expecting a 000001 for PSGNUM

Below is the snapshot of working file : values highlighted in Red is PSGNUM.

Original file has blank values at this position.

Thanks,

Jyothsna