Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget check in asset procurement

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We dont have Investment Management implemented here.I checked asset master but WBS field is not there, I changed the asset layout by making 'investment project' as required field .Even though WBS element field is not visible in asset master.

Please suggest how can I check budget available against project in this case..

Thanks & Regards

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ORIGINAL QUESTION:

I want to know that with Account assignment category A and account assignment to both WBS and asset, will the system give error of budget overshoot against WBS? or it will make only a statistical posting against WBS.

Actually,I want the budget check pop-us in such a case and that I am not getting now. Please suggest me if you have a better idea?

Regards

FIRST REPLY:

There can be only one Real CO object per posting, so the WBS postings will be statistical.  But...statisitcal postings to WBS elements do consume budget.  So, yes, you will get an error or warning if the budget is exceeded.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ken,

That I uderstand. But the issue is during transaction posting(PR>PO>GRN) no any statistical value is coming against WBS . I have also asked for making the WBS field visible in asset master as I could not get it in any traditional manner.

I hope you have read my issue properly..

Former Member
0 Kudos

For direct procurement of an asset (PO with Account Assignment A):

1.  Create a Statistical WBS and assign Budget.

2.  Create an Asset Master (not required, you can have the PO create one)

3.  Use Account Assisgnment Category A against the asset master on the PO to purchase the asset.

4.  On the same PO account assignment tab enter a statsitical WBS element.  This creates a budget commitment against the WBS.  You will probably have to modify the account assignment category configuration to show the WBS field.

The WBS does not need to be on the Asset Master, it is typical to assign the asset master to a cost center.  This is the receiver of the depreciation posting.

Message was edited by: Ken Melching

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ken,

I tried it many times in the same same way as you have mentioned but I am not getting any message of budget check. Also, one thing is interesting to see is,system is not updating commitment against projects for asset procurement. I checked in OKKP, commitment management is activated for projects.

Also, used G/L/cost element is not maintained as exempt from AVAC.

Also,the created PR I can see in ME5J but not in CJI5 ot S_ALR_87013558.

I have attached few screen shots also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What does you budget availability control settings look like?  If you do not have budget availability turned on there are no warnings or errors.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

AVAC is activated as per all tolerance groups with error on 90% consumption.

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh

Are you sure that your accounts are created as "cost element" and not only as GL accounts?

If yes, could you check in your WBS --> status info --> if the business process "found commitment" is activated?

Regards

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Clara,

Thanks for guiding in entrusted way..

Yes,Fund commitment is activated. Regarding cost carriers(CE/G/L),yes ,here seems a catch.

Actually, I analyzed the master data of G/L ,one for which cost is flowing into projects is a P & L account and have a CE of category 1. The another one is a balance sheet account and for that no CE is in place ( normally,we dont create CE for balance sheet accounts,correct me if I'm wrong) and for this G/L cost is not flowing into projects..

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For these balance sheet account G/L, we need to create statistical cost elements category 90 (if you create cost elements for balance sheet account G/L,by default system will assign category 90) for budget check.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good catch Clara and RSVR.

You are correct, for the most part you do not create Cost elements for Balance Sheet accounts.  But there are special circumstances when you can.  Per RSVR, they are in a special cost element category.  FYI, this can be done for inventory accounts as well.